Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

My cash account balance display does not match the register

This is an ongoing issue. Last weekend I adjusted the cash balance manually in order to correct the discrepancy - and it worked. Today the balance is out of whack again. Don't understand. The balance for the CASH account in the Accounts list does match the balance shown in the register.
Tagged:

Answers

• Paul Therrien
    Paul Therrien Member ✭✭
    Quicken version: Windows R31.12; Build: 27.1.31.12
  • Hello @Paul Therrien

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. A couple of people have seen similar issues. For the first step here lets try seeing if we may be able to fix it by performing a validate and repair. I'll leave steps down below on how to do so. It should be the fourth step down below.

https://www.quicken.com/support/advanced-data-file-troubleshooting-correct-problems-quicken-windows

Once you've tried this let us know if you're able to get the balances corrected. If not we'll see what we can try next.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Jim D
    Jim D Member
    idid super validate and repair and no issues and cash balance in linked brokerage account is not zero and does not agree with balance in l;inked cash account which is correct.
  • Paul Therrien
    Paul Therrien Member ✭✭
    I have a number of errors in my validation log, and addressed the ones pertaining to my cash account and still the balance is not reporting correctly. I will continue to address the issues and try to get to 0. I will report again then.
  • @Paul Therrien and @Jim D

Thanks for the update. Since that didn't work we can also try a super validate as well. The steps are fairly similar to a normal validate. Go across the top to file > file operations  (Hold LEFT CTRL + SHIFT) select validate and repair > super validate file > OK. This is another step we can try to see if we're able to straighten out the account balances accurately.

Once you get a chance let us know what you're able to find in the super validate!

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco