Register Transactions Go Missing

This discussion was created from comments split from: Reconciled Transactions Disappearing On Subsequent Session.

Comments

• I have the same problems with with the register entries. It has been going on for a few years and is really frustrating, I feel like I am fighting the application.

1. Entries disappear and I re-enter them, then they sometimes reappear but as a duplicate entry

2. Entries do not always appear in the reconcile window--it is random. No logic as to why this happens

3. When I am in the reconcile feature and I want to go back to modify an entry, there is no place to enter the modification. I used to be able to do this.

I have tried validating and repairing the files.

I am a Premier user but do not use the web or backup/sync to the cloud. I have checked my settings and both the web and cloud are off (they were never turned on). I do not do any sort of automatic bank downloads or automatic bill payments. Just pretty basic stuff. register, categorize, reconcile and generate meaningful reports.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    edited February 18

Hello @Liane Carter

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you're experiencing this issue.

We'll need a bit more information to be able to assist.

First, please navigate to Help > About Quicken and provide the release that you are currently running.

May I ask that you please take a moment to review the steps and information available here and confirm the location of the data file? Is the file stored on the hard drive or a cloud drive?

Storing the file in a cloud drive may cause the issues you have described.

Please let us know!

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~