Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Display Mortgage Principal in Reports

For my income and expense report, it would be helpful to display my mortgage principal paid as an expense. In the customize report window, in the advanced tab, there are four options to display transfers: include all, exclude all, exclude self-transfers and exclude internal. I would like to exclude internal transfers except for my full mortgage payment including principal as well as interest. Currently, when selecting exclude internal, the report shows interest paid (an expense) but not the mortgage principal (an internal transfer). The report would be a lot more useful if there were an option to include the full mortgage payment, including the principal. Mortgage principal is one of my biggest monthly expenses even though it's technically an internal transfer. Excluding it from the expense side of the ledger is very misleading.
Tagged:
1 votes

New · Last Updated