Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Changing User Name in Quicken Community

My user name when community account was created was set to my email address. I'd like to change this.

Best Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    A moderator will need you to provide a unique user name. 
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Accepted Answer
    Hello @dkvinnie,

I have changed your Username to "dkvinnie" instead of your full email address to protect your privacy. If you would like to use a different username, please reply and let us know what username you would prefer.

Please Note: Usernames must be unique and not in use by any other members. Usernames are limited to letters, numbers, no spaces (underscores “_” are ok) and must be between 3 and 20 characters long.

Thank you!
    -Quicken Anja

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    A moderator will need you to provide a unique user name. 
  • Quicken Anja
    Accepted Answer
    Hello @dkvinnie,

I have changed your Username to "dkvinnie" instead of your full email address to protect your privacy. If you would like to use a different username, please reply and let us know what username you would prefer.

Please Note: Usernames must be unique and not in use by any other members. Usernames are limited to letters, numbers, no spaces (underscores “_” are ok) and must be between 3 and 20 characters long.

Thank you!
    -Quicken Anja
  • dkvinnie
    dkvinnie Member ✭✭
    Thank you @Sherlock and @Quicken Anja
  • Quicken Anja
    You're welcome! :)
    -Quicken Anja
  • usfmom
    usfmom Member
    I have the same issue. How to change to just usfmom?
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator mod
    usfmom said:
    I have the same issue. How to change to just usfmom?
    Hello,

Thank you for reaching out!  Your username has been updated as requested.

Sarah
  • usfmom
    usfmom Member
    That was instant! Thank you Sarah!
  • fizzylogic
    fizzylogic Member ✭✭
    Mods, this is my first time visiting since you adopted Single Sign On. Unless I missed it, I did not see any means to select or change my username, so I assume it is either my first & last, or my email address, neither of which I wish to use. My first choice is "fizzylogic," or if that is not available, "Astroboy86". Many thanks for your assistance!
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mods, this is my first time visiting since you adopted Single Sign On. Unless I missed it, I did not see any means to select or change my username, so I assume it is either my first & last, or my email address, neither of which I wish to use. My first choice is "fizzylogic," or if that is not available, "Astroboy86". Many thanks for your assistance!
    I've flagged your request to a moderator.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Moderator mod
    @fizzylogic

I've changed your username to the requested one.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • fizzylogic
    fizzylogic Member ✭✭
    Thank you Quicken Francisco!!
  • bonnettd
    bonnettd Member ✭✭
    Seems like it should be basic, when I tried to get started on here it put my email as my user name. The fact that I cant change it seems like a huge problem.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 8
    @bonnettd said:
    Seems like it should be basic, when I tried to get started on here it put my email as my user name. The fact that I cant change it seems like a huge problem.
    Quicken Inc. pays for the software that runs this forum. They don’t have control of this feature so the moderators just have to do the changes for you.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • bonnettd
    bonnettd Member ✭✭
    Thanks...maybe a newbie question, how do I contact a moderator?
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks...maybe a newbie question, how do I contact a moderator?
    Until you get some more points on the form I don’t think you can do a direct message,  so even though I think they should be monitoring this thread a way to get their attention is precede their name by an @. If their name has a space in it put their name in quotes.  One problem with this is just knowing which moderators will be here on the weekends and on week days.

let’s try these

Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Quicken Anja
    Hello @bonnettd,

I have changed your Username to "bonnettd" instead of your full email address to protect your privacy. If you would like to use a different username, please reply and let us know what username you would prefer.

Thank you!
    -Quicken Anja
  • bonnettd
    bonnettd Member ✭✭
    thanks
  • Quicken Anja
    @bonnettd You're welcome! 
    -Quicken Anja
This discussion has been closed.