Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

CC-501 error with Chrysler Capital

Hello,

About a week ago, I got a CC-501 error for my Chrysler Capital account when I was doing my daily update of accounts. I have received this error several times in the past 4 years and I have always had to delete my account and build it again. This has happened on occasions with other accounts too. It is a major pain in the neck!

I contacted support and they had me deactivate the account and try to "add new account" to no avail. They then had me upload a bunch of logs and I got tired of waiting and gave up.

Today, I wanted to try again with support and they are not available by phone or chat! WTH?

I love my Quicken, but when these errors happen they are never able to solve them and I just waste a bunch of time.

Thoughts?

Best Answer

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Accepted Answer
    Hello @W Man

Thank you for the response, and for letting me know the results of the steps. I was unable to locate a support ticket under your account for this issue.

The FAQ for the CC-501 error requires that you contact support directly for assistance. Deleting an account and its transaction history is not a recommended step for this issue. I apologize if you have ever been provided this recommendation previously.

I would contact support directly for a review of the logs and possible escalation.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~

Answers

• eric123
    eric123 Member
    Same here. Awaiting a fix... for which i pay a fee. To wait...
  • pbmsmit
    pbmsmit Member
    Same here, started around Feb 5. Called several times, support says they will escalate but if you call again, they know nothing and collect all info again ('it's company policy to gather data for each ticket'). Same feeling as W Man: if it works Quicken is a good tool, but if it doesn't work, support is bad. Have a lot of other issues last 2 weeks but I don't call them in because it is a waste of time
  • pbmsmit
    pbmsmit Member
    Support says (after opening new ticket) "wait 24 hours, and call back if not working", still the same, several days now, still CC-501
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Hello @pbmsmit

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that support has been unable to assist so far. I have forwarded your interactions to senior leadership for review.

In the meantime, I have taken the liberty of reviewing the log files submitted to the report and they indicate the error message is: "Update detail data." Some financial institutions may require that you enable download access to be able to connect to financial software such as Quicken.

If you have not done so already, I would navigate to the Chrysler Capital website and look for a security tab and see if there are any options to enable or allow access to Quicken. It is also possible that this message may be asking you to update or change your password.

If you do not find any security preferences, I would next attempt to update your banking password. Please let us know what you find!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • W Man
    W Man Member
    Hello,

Thank you. I was able to access my account just fine on the CC website and there are no messages or security updates. As you suggested, I changed my password and then tried to add my account in Quicken. I am still getting the same error.

As I mentioned in my post, this is the problem with Quicken and I have had it happened on several long-term accounts in the past. It just suddenly stops working and you have to delete the whole account (losing all your history) and rebuild it. I like the Quicken program, but this is a very annoying and frustrating feature about the program.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Accepted Answer
    Hello @W Man

Thank you for the response, and for letting me know the results of the steps. I was unable to locate a support ticket under your account for this issue.

The FAQ for the CC-501 error requires that you contact support directly for assistance. Deleting an account and its transaction history is not a recommended step for this issue. I apologize if you have ever been provided this recommendation previously.

I would contact support directly for a review of the logs and possible escalation.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • allorange
    allorange Member
    edited February 19
    [Removed-Off Topic/Unhelpful]
  • berkley57
    berkley57 Member ✭✭
    Same here. This is BS. The code indicates a Quicken problem. Fix it!!!
  • berkley57
    berkley57 Member ✭✭
    To Quicken Tyka,
    I went to the Chrysler Capital website like you suggested and went through every tab and there is no such security enabler for this issue. I also changed my password to no avail.

"If you have not done so already, I would navigate to the Chrysler Capital website and look for a security tab and see if there are any options to enable or allow access to Quicken. It is also possible that this message may be asking you to update or change your password."
  • W Man
    W Man Member
    Hello,

Thank you for your comment. I am not going to contact support, they have never been able to assist me and just waste a lot of my time. The error indicates a Quicken server issue and I would think you can correct this on your side. Sadly, many people have been kind enough to comment and have identified they have the same issues with Quicken and its support team.
  • Matt F
    Matt F Member
    Another customer reporting the same issues. starting at the beginning of February, Quicken no longer correctly connects to my Chrysler Financial Account has reported a CC-501 error since, at every attempt.

I likewise have searched the Chrysler Financial website for a new permissions selection for sharing of information with online banking software and none can be found.

Something has changed, perhaps on the C.F. side, but it does not seem to be getting addressed given most of the month has past and the lack of specific feedback here from Quicken. Pushing customers to call customer support just to have the same non-working procedures repeated to each of us individually is not acceptable. If systemic, acknowledge the issue, state what is being done to correct it and if possible, provide an estimate of when it will be corrected.

Please elevate this further so that it can be resolved. Quicken's connectivity in the financial community is its best selling point. Without this differentiation, I and many others could manage our finances through any number of other resources. Ensuring fast response to these issues is core to your business.

Thanks,
    Matt
  • berkley57
    berkley57 Member ✭✭
    BTW, I believe this issue began following the Release R 31.12. I wonder if there is a way to roll back to the previous release?
  • W Man
    W Man Member
    I appreciate everyone's comments. I also have noticed that is has suddenly stopped recognizing the category from some of the common companies. For example, Mc Donald's. Grrrr.
  • Hello Everyone, 

We currently have set up an alert for Chrysler Capital for CC-501/530 errors I'd recommend following the alert for any updates on the issue. You can do so by clicking the gold star to the right of the title of the post.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7889258/new-2-22-21-chrysler-capital-cc-501-530-error/p1?new=1

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

• W Man
    W Man Member
    Thank you.
  • Keith W
    Keith W Member
    I have been experiencing this issue for several weeks. Please resolve this Quicken folks.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just following along - with some other CC-501 errors that have popped up -
    So.. the only connection type is - EWC
    62100    62100    62100    Chrysler Capital    https://myaccount.chryslercapital.com/Home/Login    1-855-563-5635    https://myaccount.chryslercapital.com/Home/Login    ACTIVE                  
    BANKING,ACCOUNTINFO&EXP-WEB-CONNECT  

Quicken 2020 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10
  • pbmsmit
    pbmsmit Member
    Looks the CC-501 error is solved. I can connect to Chrysler, and re-added the account. However, I don't get the latest transactions (yet?)
  • JohnnyRay
    JohnnyRay Member
    It's working for me now as well!
This discussion has been closed.