Issues with bill pay and citi cards ie costco CC

I keep getting "Quicken was unable to process your payment because the biller login information you provided does not match the information on file at Citi. Your payment has been canceled. " error mesage when I attempt to pay my citi bank costco CC. The credentials I have entered are correct but I keep getting this error. I don't have this issue with my chase or amex card payments. Anyone else experiencing this?

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Jensen,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Unfortunately, this is a known issue with Citi Online biller that has been reported, and we have opened an escalation ticket with our service provider for this issue. While the investigation remains ongoing, please, refer to this open Community Alert for updates.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
    -Quicken Anja
  • I am happy to report that a payment to Brooks Brothers Mastercard did successfully go through, yesterday. BB is a Citi affinity card. I don't know if this is a different system at Citi from their own cards, but it's a hopeful sign.
  • Same issue as of 2/27/2021. Citi Costco card says can't login to account and payment canceled. Worked with tech support earlier this week to resolve, but they were unable to fix it. Ended up doing a direct bank transfer to the citi costco card account via phone to avoid late charges. Looks like this issue has been ongoing for more than a month, and no indication of a fix in sight. I can login to the billers website with the credentials that I provided to Bill Manager. Why can't quicken login to access and pay the bill? Also, I've worked around this issue in the past by just logging directly into the billers website, checking the statement, and making a quick pay payment in Bill Manager even when the bill is not retrieved in Bill Manager. That worked in the past, but not this time. Tech support says they can see that the payment request was sent, but that Citi cards account is not responding.

Looking the various community discussions on online billing issues for the past several months, it is clear that Quicken is responding to each case in isolation, getting a temporary solution for an individual biller, and then problems arise again later with the same biller or other billers. This is happening with many different bank credit cards. There obviously is a long term systemic problem that needs to be resolved rather than this continuous ad hoc troubleshooting.

Question for the moderator: Has Quicken management recognized that Bill Manager has a systemic problem, and has management put together a team to resolve these issues in a once and for all systemic fashion?