Why do my scheduled payment groups keep disappearing from the calendar? I redo them and then gone.

I make groups for the calendar for each payday of the month. They are continually disappearing from the calendar. These are groups made from the memorized payee list. :(

Answers

• Hello @PatB

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. That is quite odd that they continually disappear even after remaking them. I think in this lets try to see if we're able to find anything with a super validate. To perform a super validate we'll go across the top to file > file operations > (HOLD CTRL + SHIFT) validate and repair > Super validate file > OK. 

Once you've given this a try see if you're able to get anything in the log that might relate to the calendar. Once you get a chance let us know if you're able to find anything out.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• PatB
    PatB Member
    I did the super validate. There were no errors found on the report of the validation. The groups on the calendar are still wrong. The actual group is there, but most of the memorized payees and income reminders are unchecked and have to be redone.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words …
    Can you please capture one or more images of the parts of your Quicken window showing the issue, sensitive information blacked out as necessary to protect your privacy but annotated to describe the situation, and attach the image(s) here?
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7867159/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-windows

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7663259/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-a-mac

Please save images to files of file type PNG, JPG, or GIF only. They're easier to work with than PDF files.

• PatB
    PatB Member
    I have attached pictures of before and after the changes to the bill reminder page and the calendar.

I did uninstall Quicken and all Quicken files on my computes and then reinstalled Quicken. The strange thing is when I reinstalled Quicken, I did not have to restore the file. When I used "Open File" the current file came up and was complete.

I did another super validation after reinstalling and the picture is attached of that report.

The calendar and Bill and Income Reminder pages were correct at this point after I redid them. I then did a 1-step update and after that the calendar and Bill and Incomes Reminder pages were incorrect. I then reconstructed the calendar and Bill and Income Reminder pages and exited the program. When I signed back in, the calendar and Bill and Income Reminder pages were again incorrect.

I have never had any problems with the Quicken program before, but this is very aggravating. I have come to count on everything being correct when I set it up and had to basically reconstruct how our bills are paid to put them back in correctly.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @PatB,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this and for not having received a follow-up response yet.

Could you please provide which version of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Help > About Quicken

If you haven't already, instead of doing a normal uninstall/reinstall, I suggest that you perform a clean uninstall/reinstall (which is different from simply uninstalling and reinstalling the program) which will clear out and replace the existing configuration files for Quicken (this does not affect any of your data and/or backup files).

To do so, please refer to this support article and scroll down to the section titled If the steps above do not resolve the issue. Then, open and follow the instructions found in the blue dropdown sections titled First: Download and use QCleanUI and Second: Rename Quicken Shared Folders.

Let us know how it goes!
    -Quicken Anja