Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

transaction descriptions downloading with a different description than the financial institution

when updating my accounts, both bank and credit card transaction have the correct amount but the description is incorrect. It does not match the financial institution

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod

Hello @crrendon

Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your experience and feedback with the Community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

We'll need a bit more information to be able to assist.

Please take a moment to review the information available here and post back to let us know what version and release of Quicken you are using as well as the name of the financial institution.

Lastly, please Choose the Tools menu in the upper left then select Account List. Click Edit next to your account, then choose the Online Services tab at the top and provide the connection type being used.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Also, can you give us an example of the varying description fields?
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • crrendon
    crrendon Member ✭✭
    Quicken Windows Deluxe 2020 version# 27.1.31.12
    Wells Fargo and Citi, both using express web connect
    the description downloaded was: KIVAsomething amount was correct but description had nothing to do with KIVA. I don't have a current example the information is gone after I accepted the transaction and corrected the info.