Discover CC rejecting Quick Pay

@Quicken_Tyka Hi Tyka -

Just added Discover Credit Card as an online biller. But they reject my Quick Pays with the message

"Quicken was unable to process your payment because your external bank account ending in XXXXXXXXX must first be validated on the Discover website. Your payment has been canceled."

There is no place on the website to validate my account.
Please advise.

Thanks
Aron

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @ashalit

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

If you have not done so already, I would take a moment to review the steps and information available here.

Please let me know if these steps work to resolve this message.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • ashalit
    ashalit Member ✭✭
    @Quicken_Tyka Thanks Tyka. I read the info. Does this mean that I have to first add/save my account on the Biller website, before I can issue a Quick Pay?

For any given Biller, they are expected to have my Payment Account on their website, to allow me to issue a Quick Pay?

Thanks
    Aron
  • @Quicken_Tyka Tyka, I experienced the exact same error today, and after much time with Discover support, I was told that Discover is not accepting payments through Quicken. The explanation that I was given is that Quicken is essentially a middle-man between Discover and the paying bank, and that Discover considers this an unacceptable security risk. Is Quicken planning on addressing this?
  • ashalit
    ashalit Member ✭✭
    @Quicken_Tyka

Its not looking good for Quicken. You may want to relay the message to management. Quicken has confirmed to me in the last 2 months, that the following Billers have failed to work; Discover, Chase Credt Card, Great Lakes, Wells Fargo CC and Capital One.

Thanks,
    Aron
  • @Quicken_Tyka We can add U.S. Bank to the list as well. It's sort of looking like Quicken's new billpay system - whatever it is - is turning out to be a major bust. I mean, what's the point of using it if so many banks block it? I'm better off using my bank's billpay, which uses CheckFree, or just paying at billers' websites.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to recommend that you authorize the Biller (Discover or whatever other credit card or biller you're having Quick Pay / Check Pay issues with) to directly withdraw the balance due from your checking account on due date. This feature is variably called APS, Direct Debit, PAC Draft, Autopay, etc.
    This way every monthly payment will be made on time and you avoid Late Fees and any negative impact this might have on your credit score.
  • ashalit
    ashalit Member ✭✭
    Understood. That works. Then what do I need Quicken for? The whole point of quicken is to centrally manage payments and manage a single point of access to my checking account.