Quicken Premier crashing every time I try to attach a file to a transaction

Hello. Trying to attach a file to a transaction, as I have done many times in the past. Clicked the Add File icon in the register, brings up the Transaction Attachments window as usual. Then click on the Add drop down menu, which drops down as usual. Then choose Add file, and then Quicken crashes. Have tried multiple times on several transactions. Is this just me or are others having this issue?
Thanks

Comments

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 26
    Hello @elubat

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

First, please navigate to Help > About Quicken and provide the release that you are currently running.

To test if the issue is isolated to the data file or the program, I would create a test file to see if you experience crashing.

A new file can be created by navigating to File > New Quicken File.

If you do not experience this crashing, I would follow the steps above regarding restoring a backup prior to this issue occurring.

If you experience crashing in the test file I would then Uninstall and Reinstall.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please review this discussion with a customer who had a similar problem:
    I would very much like to see your file information and the 7-zip file manager display showing the number of attached files.
    Also please run Part (2), File Validation, of Troubleshooting 101 - Fixing Software Installation and Data File Problems as described.

• elubat
    elubat Member ✭✭
    Thank you...can't explain it, but just tried again tonight and it worked fine. Will get back if I have the problem again.