Home Before you Buy
Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Quicken Subscriptions

Can I download directly from my bank and brokerage accounts their quicken files into Quicken application if subscription Quicken subscription has expired? Thanks for your help.

Answers

• FrankxFrankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @fyiguy,

Once your Quicken subscription expires, unless you renew, you will no longer be able to download data from banks, brokerages, etc.

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription - Ver. R29.20 - Build 27.1.29.20  - Windows 10 Home - Ver. 2004
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -
  • MsWsGa2021MsWsGa2021 Member
    if my subscription expires will the program still work? I don't download any information from my bank. I just use it to keep track of my finances. I don't do online bill paying through Quicken.
  • NotACPANotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    For all versions except Starter, your program will continue to work, but without
    ANY downloads (program, transactions, quotes) and about 1/4 of your screen will be taken up with a "renewal reminder".  The only way to remove that reminder is by renewing.
    For Starter Edition, your data file becomes Read-Only upon the expiration of your subscription.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • cptsailcptsail Member
    After renewing my subscription, am I supposed to download a new version of quicken?
  • FrankxFrankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @cptsale,

Which version & build are you currently running?

If you just renewed your subscription and have been keeping it up to date, there would be no need to download the application again.  If you had let your subscription expire for a few weeks or longer, you should download/update your application.

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription - Ver. R29.20 - Build 27.1.29.20  - Windows 10 Home - Ver. 2004
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    AFAIK, after renewing a lapsed subscription edition, you do not need to download and reinstall Quicken. You would be offered the latest set of updates, either automatically or by clicking Help / Check for Updates.