Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Print Preview Bugs - Not Working

1. From a report pane, look at the print preview. It never changes no matter how you change print parameters (Page scaling parameters "Adjust to:" or "Fit to:" [pages W by H]). Further, the preview in no way reflects the printed output.
2. Using the "Fit to:" , instead of slightly shrinking output to fit one page wide, it will reduce the type face to 10% then hugely increase the width of columns to fit the page making the type nearly unreadable.

Answers

• Hello @Wayne Cole

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. I'm wondering here if we might be able to fix the issue by resetting all the Quicken printer settings. I'll leave steps on how to do so down below. 

Go across the top to file > file operations > validate and repair > reset all Quicken printer settings > Ok

Once you get the chance let us know if you're able to get the print preview working a bit better. If not we'll see what we can try next.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Wayne Cole
    Wayne Cole Member ✭✭
    Thanks for your suggestion.

The reset didn't change anything. The preview(s) show the report small and crammed to an upper left alignment on the "preview canvas". Changing the size percent-wise or width x height wise will cause the default preview to shrink accordingly from the default. But neither the default nor any resulting changes look anything like the preview.

In the attached you'll see the report fitting well within the page on the default preview, but if I print, the width of the report does not fit in a landscape page. I have to trial-and-error adjust column widths to get the report width to fit the landscape page.

Further when I attempted to adjust using "Fit to:", in order to get the entirety of the last column on the page, Quicken cut the font size by 90%, then spread the column sizes to fit the report to the width of the page. The result was almost unreadable fine print widely spread across the page. So somehow it is not simply adjusting the report in a way other apps (say Adobe Acrobat) or printers whose settings support page-fit processing perform such operations.

But worst of all is that the preview(s) is / are not even close to matching the output. (see images)
  • JeffreyB
    JeffreyB Member
    Does anyone know how to resolve a problem with print preview not filling the whole page? I have reset all the printer settings and it did not help.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @JeffreyB

Thank you for the response and additional details. This is a bug that has previously been reported.

To learn more, please see the discussion available here. I do not have an ETA that I can offer at this time, however, our development team is aware of the issue and working towards a fix.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Wayne Cole
    Wayne Cole Member ✭✭
    edited February 23
    [removed - rant/violation of community guidelines]

FACT 1: both high density displays (workstations running 4K/UHD monitors) and small displays (tablets, laptops) might require users to run Windows at other than 100% for the "size of apps and text on the main display". Most programs updated since the early 2010's have accommodated the update to Windows for support of higher resolution monitors (like my ASUS PA32Q UHD monitor). In fact Windows automatically reset its "apps and text" size to 150% when I hooked up this monitor.

FACT 2: contrary to the rationale in that thread, "since it doesn't impact the printed document, it may be awhile before this one is fixed" it DOES IMPACT THE PRINTED DOCUMENT. Since you can't see what and how it will fit to pages, you have to trial-and-error at the expense of wasted paper to get readable / usable report printouts.

[removed - rant/violation of community guidelines]
  • meshe
    meshe Member
    Having major issues with trying to get print preview to properly display. The preview shows that the information to be printed does not fill the page. I know others have reported this but a fix sooner rather than later would be extremely useful.