Quicken is Taking long to Load

Since Late December, when I click on the Quicken desktop Icon to open Quicken...it is taking upwards of 30 seconds to load/open.  Other software's I open, and I realize not all software's are the same....some load more on startup than others....but, Quicken used to take 15 seconds or less to load.  30 seconds  may not 'Sound" like a long time...but if you are waiting....that long...it is.

Anyone else notice this slow Startup?  

Answers

• Hello @denmarfl

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. Is it only the startup that take a while or is there anything else? If you were to try loading into another file would we experience a similar issue? To start off with troubleshooting here I'll leave an article down below.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7851545/faq-troubleshooting-101-installation-and-data-file-problems-quicken-for-windows#latest

Once you get a chance see if this might help out with loading times. If not we'll see what we can do next.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• denmarfl
    denmarfl Member ✭✭✭
    R31.12

Switching to another data set.....10 secs....whereas opening the Software 30 seconds.  
  • @denmarfl

Thanks for letting me know. Let's try going on your main file and following the article down below.  

https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-performance-troubleshooting

Once you get the chance try it out and also see if the other scenarios at the bottom also help out.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • gmk3
    gmk3 Member ✭✭
    Definitely not resolved. The time required just to get to the datafile password screen is double or triple what it was prior to the last few updates.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @denmarfl & @gmk3,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If the extended loading only occurs during start-up and not in between switching files; could you please try and create a new (empty) data file, and then close the program while the empty file is open so that the empty file will also be the one that opens during the next start-up? In doing so, we will be able to narrow down whether or not the extended loading is related to the size of the data file(s), or if this may possibly be related to the program's configuration files. This will also make it easier for us to determine what the next and the best course of action to take will be.

If needed, please refer to this support article and scroll down towards the bottom of the article for instructions on creating a new file.
    -Quicken Anja
  • denmarfl
    denmarfl Member ✭✭✭
    Sorry to be taking this long to reply.  What prompted me to reply today was the recent Quicken Update that was offered today at Startup and I Updated (R32.10).  Reading the enhancements and fixes...one was SLOW QUICKEN loading if BILLS was seected as the Startup Location.  My startup is my main checking acct.  However, it seems Q ID'ed a slow startup when Bills was the default opening and I am writing to advise it is also when a register is opened.  
    When I create and open a New Q data file...it is a small file and does open more quickly.  At the end of each calendar year, I Archive all Reconciled entries and start with uncleared 1/1/XXXX.  This keeps my current in use Data File smaller than if I just kept all prior entries.  277,120KB is the size today of my current Data File.  
    I just feel as if Q is not paying attention to issues that have been ongoing for a long time...sure an issue like this does not prevent me from using Quicken, but, neither was the issue that was fixed in R32.10...Q slow opening if Bill pay was selected as opening default page.  My issues with Q goes beyond thsi slow opening, I reported my background goes BLACK when I am doing a OSU...and I was informed this is a Known issue but not a priority therefore it will not be corrected any time soon?  I ask, WHY?  Its just as annoying as the slow Startup that was in todays R30.10.  For years I have reported the issue with entering an Online Transfer, using the wrong date...and instead of allowing you to change it to the correct date...the entire entry is deleted and you MUST enter all the Information...all over again, and, occasionally the Q startup Window opens very small and you Must re-size it.  There are other issues like this which I will not list, they are all annoying and reflect upon the quality of the Product.  

Whereas my issues that I have reported, some are known issues, they are as important to me to be fixed as many of the items which appear to be more recently reported issues...and issues that do NOT prevent the use of Quicken....are getting attention and getting fixes.

Thank You