Entry does not post to transfer account

Withdrawal from IRA account doesn't show in transfer accoun (Vincent Trust XX5470)

Answers

• jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Try using a transfer transaction rather than withdrawl.  The transfer account is listed specificly rather than as a category.

Quicken user since 1995
    Win10 Deluxe Subscription thru 2021
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 21
    I agree with @jrich75 's suggestion to try using the Cash Transferred out of Account.
    I've found that Withdraw usually works properly with transfer categories but not always.  And once in a while Quicken will not pick up the withdrawal as an IRA distribution in Tax Planner and/or Tax Schedule and Tax Summary reports.
    For me the Cash Transferred out of Account has always worked properly.
    (QW Premier Subscription: R36.23 on Windows 10)
  • Jim Vincent
    Jim Vincent Member ✭✭
    Good suggestions as alternatives. But why didn't 'withdraw" work/ It has in the past. A new Quicken bug?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Jim Vincent

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue. May I ask that you please navigate to Help > About Quicken and provide the release that you are currently running?

I am following along with your issue, however, I am able to successfully create a transfer using the "Withdraw" type. So, it does not appear to be related to a change in this feature.

I would recommend running the Validate & Repair tool on the data file from the File menu > File Operations > Validate & Repair option.

In the Validate File window that opens, click the top box to "validate file" and then click OK.

When the validation completes, a data log will open in Notepad, please let us know if any errors or issues are found/repaired, and when ready close and re-open Quicken.

Please let us know what you find!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Good suggestions as alternatives. But why didn't 'withdraw" work/ It has in the past. A new Quicken bug?
    I don't think it's a new bug.  I've experienced that intermittent "Withdraw"  transfer category issue going back at least a few years.  I never flagged it as a bug because I got used to using "Transfer out of Account" instead and that has always worked well.  For me it's been that out-of-sight-out-of-mind kind of thing.
    (QW Premier Subscription: R36.23 on Windows 10)
  • Jim Vincent
    Jim Vincent Member ✭✭
    Tyka -
    I did the validate. I tried to attach the data_log.txt but didn't succeed. Among other errors or corrections was the following:

[Mon Feb 22 20:10:27 2021]
    ------------------------------------------------------------

The following transaction(s) involving transfers appear to be damaged.
    You should delete them and recreate as appropriate.

Account Vincent Trust XX5470: 1/14/2021 Jim's IRA 174.00
    This does not have a category - it should have been a "Withdrawal" from Jim's IRA. The transaction does not appear in the IRA account.

This is similar to the transaction for Feb. - which I had changed to "WriteChK" and which posted correctly.
    Thanks for your help.
    Jim Vincent