Home Before you Buy
Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Upgrade

I want to upgrade to Quicken 2020/2021 only. I do not want a subscription. When I attempted to upgrade through a promotional email (for a discount) I was asked to subscribe. Please guide me for an upgrade and a discount (hopefully).

Answers

• NotACPANotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    There is no current Q product that isn't subscription.  This has been thru since 2019.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • Quicken AnjaQuicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Lynne,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

Unfortunately, as of the end of 2017, we no longer offer a stand-alone Quicken product and have exclusively moved our product to an annual subscription service.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. However, we invite you to take a moment to review this support article which provides more information about our Discontinuation Policy as well as this support article with more information and details about our subscription-based product and service.

For more information about discounts, please call Quicken Support directly.

Please, click here to review Quicken Support's hours of operation.
    -Quicken Anja
  • BoatnmaniacBoatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 21
    Sorry, @Lynne .  The last standalone non-subscription Quicken program was 2017.
    You can still sometimes find Quicken 2017 and earlier versions from online retailers (like Amazon or Ebay) but they will not include any online services so everything will need to be entered and managed manually.
    If you want the online services (such as, transactions downloads, securities prices, etc.) you will need to subscribe.   You can sometimes save yourself some money by buying Quicken 2018 or higher from online retailers (like Amazon or Ebay) but if you go this route make sure you are buying a subscription product from a reputable retailer and that what they are selling includes the activation code.  Don't worry about the year...as long as it is 2018 or higher when you install the program and activate it it will automatically be updated to the latest version.
    (QW Premier Subscription: R31.20 on Windows 10)