Home Before you Buy
Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Using Quicken 2016 on Win 7 computer and it won't open. Can I upgrade and get it to work

Captain BobCaptain Bob Member
edited February 22 in Before you Buy
I can't open my Quicken on my Windows 7 computer. Will upgrading to a new version of Quicken solve this or do I need a newer computer?

Answers

• Ps56k2Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess we need some more details about the situation -
    Was it working, and now just stopped ?
    or - is this the first time you have tried it ?
    or - ??
    And does the Quicken program start - but will not open the data file ?
    Quicken 2020 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10
  • Greg_the_GeekGreg_the_Geek SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, some posters have had trouble installing Quicken Subscription on Windows 7.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • SherlockSherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should not need to upgrade to a new version of Quicken solve this or need a newer computer.

Press and hold the Ctrl key when you open Quicken.  Does Quicken remain open or appear in the Windows taskbar? 
    Quicken user since 1997
    Premier on Windows 10
  • I tried to open holding the control key but it wouldn't open the data file.
    It was working and just stopped after an electric outage.
    A computer tech looked at it and tried everything Quicken suggested and said I needed to contact Intuit to see what my options were.
  • SherlockSherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried to open holding the control key but it wouldn't open the data file.
    It was working and just stopped after an electric outage.
    A computer tech looked at it and tried everything Quicken suggested and said I needed to contact Intuit to see what my options were.
    So, the Quicken program is fine.  I suggest you restore a recent backup of the Quicken file.
    Quicken user since 1997
    Premier on Windows 10
This discussion has been closed.