Bill and income reminders are disappearing

My reminders for bills coming due (or past due) is not functioning correctly. I've used Quicken for years and the Bill and Income Reminders didn't disappear until I manually cleared them. I've noticed for the past couple months my reminders are automatically clearing from my list after the due date passes instead of showing as 'Past Due' until I manually clear or enter the transaction. Is there a setting change or a glitch?

Best Answer

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Hello @SarahDance

First, have you attempted to delete and recreate the problem reminder? If not, I would start with this step.

Next,  I would check the location of the data file. Storing an active data file on a cloud or network drive may cause strange behavior in the data file.

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-find-quicken-data-file-quicken-windows

If the file is located on the hard drive, can you check to see if sync is enabled? To confirm, please navigate to Edit > Preferences > Mobile & Web, there will be an on-off toggle. If on, can you please disable sync to test if this improves the behavior?

Please let us know what you find!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @ SarahDance,

I suggest that you try the following:

1) Click on the "Bills & Income" Tab:
    2) Click on the "Gear" icon in the upper right;
    3) In the dropdown menu - click on "Combine Bills, Income and Transfers.

That should fix the issue.  Let me know how that goes for you.

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription - Windows 10 Home - Ver. 2004
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -
  • SarahDance
    SarahDance Member ✭✭
    Hi Frankx, I tried that and needed a bill to come due before responding to see if it worked. Unfortunately, it did not.
    I did test out a new fake transaction to see if it would 'stay' and it did. However, the previously set up (for years) transactions are falling off and not showing up as "Overdue" or even in my reminders on the account transaction screen.
    Any other suggestions??
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @SarahDance

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

I would recommend running the Validate & Repair tool on the data file from the File menu > File Operations > Validate & Repair option.

In the Validate File window that opens, click the top box to "validate file" and then click OK.

When the validation completes, a data log will open in Notepad, please let us know if any errors or issues are found/repaired, and when ready close and re-open Quicken.

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • SarahDance
    SarahDance Member ✭✭
    This error came through multiple times:
    "QDF:
    Validating your data.
    Quicken repaired damaged transaction index. No action required.
    Quicken found an invalid transaction and removed it. "ACCT_165" 0/ 0/1900
    Quicken repaired some transaction information. No action required.
    "ACCT_165" 0/ 0/1900"

Thank you
  • SarahDance
    SarahDance Member ✭✭
    Hello @Quicken_Tyka - I am still having the same issues. Any suggestions?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Hello @SarahDance

First, have you attempted to delete and recreate the problem reminder? If not, I would start with this step.

Next,  I would check the location of the data file. Storing an active data file on a cloud or network drive may cause strange behavior in the data file.

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-find-quicken-data-file-quicken-windows

If the file is located on the hard drive, can you check to see if sync is enabled? To confirm, please navigate to Edit > Preferences > Mobile & Web, there will be an on-off toggle. If on, can you please disable sync to test if this improves the behavior?

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • rasaladin
    rasaladin Member
    I started having this same problem about three weeks ago. Definitely some type of glitch in Quicken. I'm hoping the recent updates corrects.
This discussion has been closed.