Why does the Quicken Sync function continue to mess up my entries and data I have entered?
I had a problem with downloading data from my credit union yesterday. I disabled the connection and then re-created the connection. Apparently when you do this, Quicken sets up Sync automatically. When I ran the updates for the credit union data, the Sync function ran and messed up hundreds of lines of data. It changed what account was used (like from a bank account to a credit card account), it changed my entries for my paychecks (took out all of my detailed entries that broke out the taxes and investment detail and entered everything under the Salary category). My balances were all off for most of my accounts, and I am still working on correcting the problems caused by the Sync function. And this is not the first time this has happened. I turn off the function, but the it somehow turns itself back on. I have been so disappointed with Quicken functionality and updates since they broke off from Intuit.