One Step Update - One Time Sync w/ Servers Deletes Mobile App Cloud Data

micdif
micdif Member
Since an update in January whenever I start my desktop Quicken it starts the One Step Update and syncs all of my accounts (including cloud). There's a message that it's doing a one time update sync to the new improved servers.

The issue is that this isn't one time, it does it every time. Worse yet, anything that I may have entered on my mobile app gets deleted and doesn't download. Then I go to my mobile app and all of my past transactions in my Cash Account have disappeared.

I then reset my cloud data which fixes the issue but then we start all over again with the same issues. Way too frustrating losing all of your transactions and wasting time resetting data.

I assumed Quicken would eventually fixed this but it's been two months now. What a waste of money paying for this product! Subscription ends soon. I considered switching to the free [removed - no soliciting] app last year but waited. Maybe it's time to switch. Quicken will probably mess that up to but at least it's free.

Do not trust your data on the mobile app. It will be over-written!!!! I take screenshots so that I can enter it manually again but I shouldn't have to!

Mike

Comments

• micdif
    micdif Member
    edited February 26
    I click Mobile > Sync then receive a message that the referenced object has been deleted. I close out the program and select I'll sync later and the whole program crashes. I try to re-open the program and it can't locate the file.
    [Removed-Unhelpful]
  • Hello @micdif

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize for any frustration that you have experienced so far.

First, please navigate to Help > About Quicken and provide the release that you are currently running.

I would start by removing the dataset. To remove the dataset, you will need to navigate to File > New Quicken File... and follow the steps available here to delete the dataset.

This needs to be done from a new file as these steps cannot be completed while on the active file.

Once this has been completed, please return to the original file and reset the cloud once more. This reset may take some time to complete, please allow this process to run its course.

Please let me know if you receive any sync errors or if the issue reoccurs after this process.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~