Sync Issues

System
System Member ✭✭✭✭

Best Answer

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 26 Accepted Answer
    Hello @FishTank4CT

Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your experience and feedback with the Community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

As you are experiencing a multitude of issues, I would recommend contacting support directly for assistance.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Care has the ability to initiate a screen share to view these issues in real-time and follow along with steps and see the outcome. They can also review log files which can help isolate online banking issues.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~

Answers

• I am having similar grave issues. I run "One Step Update" and nothing comes in. I've contacted support and done the hokey-pokey 3 times with deleting all the institution information then running update again. After reviewing my accounts I find charges entered 2 or 3 times and all of my balances are off.
    Out of sheer desperation I renamed my QFX file and opened a blank one, then ran OSU, with the following outcomes;
    1. Balances brought in did not match what was stated at the institution.
    2. I have two sign-ons with the same bank. Some accounts are single, some are joint. The joint accounts were created twice.
    3. I attempted to run OSU today, it does nothing. I click <Update Now> I get a tone like the computer has encountered an error. OSU shows "Waiting", then "Processing Data", and nothing! It's not connecting to the institutions.
    4. I cannot Sync to Mobile & Web. I get numerous error messages telling me transactions are illegal, I cannot repair them because there is no way to do so, nor is there anything wrong with the transactions the system has flagged.
    I will NOT delete and rebuild all institution information again so it can run once.
    I am thoroughly disgusted with Quicken and knew when I signed up to get back into the download game I shouldn't have.
    I know you're looking for assistance, and I apologize for not giving it, but I guess it's nice to know I'm not the only one out there suffering with this horrible abomination of a software package.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 26 Accepted Answer
    Hello @FishTank4CT

Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your experience and feedback with the Community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

As you are experiencing a multitude of issues, I would recommend contacting support directly for assistance.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Care has the ability to initiate a screen share to view these issues in real-time and follow along with steps and see the outcome. They can also review log files which can help isolate online banking issues.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • I have similar SYNC issues as documented by FishTank4CT and TempCommUser and have had them numerous times. It is extremely exasperating to have Quicken corrupt an otherwise Reconciled Register w/ duplicates/omissions and lost Memos. I have manually corrected these issues in the past only to have Quicken mess a SYNC up again... and again.

This is not a new problem to Quicken - I have been on the phone multiple times to try to resolve these issues. Going back to RESTORE the Quicken file creates an even larger problem and is not a correct nor a customer friendly solution.

LOOP DESCRIPTION: On my current check register that had been SYNC'd with Chase Bank, the software appears to be in a loop. Expected downloaded checking transactions are hidden and the software requires me to depress the "CONTINUE" button to proceed. When CONTINUE is depressed, the software cycles and goes back to asking me to depress the CONTINUE button again.

I believe the checking account transactions ARE downloaded to my PC, but the software CONTINUE loop prevents a User from viewing them as downloaded.

LoongTimeUser
  • FishTank4CT
    FishTank4CT Member
    Tyka,
    I have contacted support, more than once, with the same response; deactivate the accounts, remove the financial institution and account number data and try again. This does work...once. The next time I update NOTHING is brought in. The last time I did this hokey pokey was March 17th, that is the last time any transactions were brought in from B of A. I did the hokey pokey again today and brought in the transactions since then so I could reconcile my account. This is a frustration of epic proportions! I have 10 accounts with B of A, I WILL NOT delete data out of 10 accounts EVERY MONTH so that YOUR software can do what it's marketed to do. Ridiculous that this is still going on.
    If someone in your support group wants to reach out to me, shadow me on my computer and see in real time what it's doing, I'm all for it. I will not however, chase someone down via Chat to do this. I have tried that several times with no resolution or real assistance.