Bill reminders screen: Add Account column, Allow entering multiple transactions at once

Have used Quicken for over 30+ years, and have over 25 Scheduled Transactions I enter manually from the scheduled transaction list each month. Would like to see the two following improvements:
1. Scheduled Transactions -Bill and Income Reminders- All Bills and Deposits Tab, I would like to see the "Account Used".
2. Would like to select multiple transactions to be entered (without editing) by selecting and entering with one "Enter Selected" instead of selecting end entering each one at a time.
Thank you for listening!
3 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• Powertripper
    Powertripper Member
    THIS!!!! Your #2 bullet point!!! Every month..we have to enter each transaction one by one. We need to be able to select MULTIPLE scheduled reminders/transactions and enter into the register at ONE TIME. Some people want the next week's of transactions, some the next 2 weeks, some want monthly. Why do we have to enter each scheduled transaction one by one? Most transactions remain constant month to month. If a transaction needs editing we can simply edit it in the register. Seems entering multiple transactions at once would be a relatively easy upgrade.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are working with regular  Scheduled Reminders (not connected to Online Bill Manager transactions) please take a look at creating Scheduled Transaction Groups from those reminders.

• MarkT1958
    MarkT1958 Member
    UKR, that is a great suggestion, however, that only allows you to enter transactions with the same due date in a group. I have 36 transactions due a different times, so that will not work.
    Quicken - PLEASE make that improvement!
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Note that if the reminders do not require any editing each month, you can set then to auto enter X days before they are due.

This is very convenient for any payments or deposits where the amount is the same each month - insurance premiums, Social Security, scheduled transfers, etc.. 
    QWin Premier subscription
  • 2570april
    2570april Member
    Any updates on this suggestion. I too would like to be able to enter multiple transactions at 1x, especially if they are going to the same category
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want all your reminders to be entered into the register on the same date, regardless of their due date
    use a combination of each reminder's due date and the value of [xx] in "Remind me [xx] days in advance" or "Auto enter [xx] days in advance"
    For example, you want all reminders entered into the register on the 1st:
    For a reminder due on the 15th, leave the due date at 15th, but set "Auto enter [15] days in advance"
    Ditto, when due on the 10th, leave the due date at 10th, but set "Auto enter [10] days in advance"
    For reminders with variable amounts, where you need to wait until you receive the monthly bill or statement, use "Remind me [xx] days in advance" so the reminder appears on the 1st with proper due date. When you know the final amount, enter the reminder with the correct amount.