Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Best download version - compatible with my Quicken 2013 files

I am obtaining a new laptop, since the one I have is very old - the new one has no CD drive. I have used (and love) Quicken 2013. I do not have investments or any such accounts - just regular payments, checking, and expense or income categories. Which current version of Quicken is best for the need I described, and would be one with which I could use the backup of my current Quicken 2013 files? I want to keep it just as it is.

Best Answer

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    All versions - even the current subscription version - are "downloaded" to your computer as Quicken isn't a "cloud" based product.
    The last non-subscription version was 2017 and it will work fine with your 2013 data base.
    But why not simply continue using the 2013 product if it fills your needs? 
  • gloriana35
    gloriana35 Member
    The 2013 version is on my old computer. Is there a way to transfer the entire program to the new computer? (I have no disc drive on the new one.)
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
  • gloriana35
    gloriana35 Member
    Thank you. The new computer arrives this week. I am hoping that this link will make me have no trouble installing the programme, and that I can easily move my data. I greatly appreciate the link. (It wasn't until after the fact that I realised I never did have the disc for Quicken 2013 - I had downloaded it from Amazon, when my much older version was discontinued.)
This discussion has been closed.