Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

How to turn off the "Make Credit Card Payment" dialogue.

I recently installed Quicken for Windows on a new laptop. Every time I reconcile a credit card statement, the "Make Credit Card Payment" dialogue pops up. I checked the "Don't show me this screen again" check box and clicked "No".
The next time I reconcile the account, the dialogue box reappears. I do not want to see this message. Why isn't the check box working?

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @George Thompson III,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Could you please provide which version of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Help > About Quicken

If you haven't already, then to start with, I suggest that you try and Reset Quicken Warnings. To do so, please follow the steps below.
    1. Navigate to the Edit 
    2. Preferences
    3. Alerts & Messages 
    4. Click on Reset Quicken Warnings
    5. Click OK

From there, you should still receive the prompt once more. However, after resetting, see if checking the Don't show me this again checkbox will now apply and save successfully.

Let us know how it goes!
    -Quicken Anja
  • Thanks Anja - but no love ... still getting the dialogue box every time I reconcile. Any other ideas?
  • Quicken Anja
    Thanks for the update and trying those steps, though I apologize that that did not resolve the issue for you.

Next, I suggest you create a copy of your data file in an attempt to rebuild all of the internal lists and database tables. Then, try to Validate your data file in the copied file by following the steps below. However, I do recommend that you also Save a backup of your data file first before trying these steps (just in case).
    1. Navigate to the File menu
    2. Select File Operations
    3. Copy...
    4. Leave the presets as is and click OK
    5. Wait for the copy procedure to complete
    6. Select New Copy and click OK                                                                              
    7. Once the newly copied file opens, navigate back to the File menu
    8. Select File Operations
    9. Validate and Repair...
    10. Select Validate file
    11. Click OK
    12. Close the Data Log
    13. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    14. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    You can also try to Super validate the copied file by holding down the Ctrl + Shift keys on your keyboard while selecting Validate and Repair... (step 9) which will give you the option to Super validate file instead of Validate file.

If this does not resolve the issue, you can either switch back to your original file or restore the backup you saved prior to performing the above troubleshooting instructions (both the original and backup files should remain unaffected by the steps performed in the copied file).

Follow the steps below to switch back to your original file
    :
    1. Click the File menu.
    2. Look near the bottom of the options list.
    3. Select the data file you want to open. 

Quicken will list the most recently opened data files, with a checkmark next to the file you are currently viewing.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
  • whodiini
    whodiini Member ✭✭
    Since a recent update, after reconciliation, the "Make credit card payment" window ALWAYS shows up. There is a box with "Dont show me this screen again". But checking the box doesnt work. After the next reconciliation, the window pops up again, even if the "Dont show me this screen again" was checked last time. I tried resetting the preferences. (Preferences->Alerts and Messages-> Reset Quicken Warnings) to no avail. I did a validate and repair to no avail. It seems like the recent Quicken changes broke saving the "Dont show me this screen again" preference. Any fixes?
  • Backed up file, created copy, validated, tested - fail ... still asks if I want to pay credit card balance, I check "don't ask again" and choose "No", change 1 transaction from reconciled to cleared & save transaction. Reconcile & dialogue box appears again asking if I want to pay the balance. Rinse and repeat - same situation every time.
    Followed super verification procedure - same actions, same results. I never had this issue before - not a show stopper but super super annoying since I am managing over 10 credit cards (manage my father's & brother's finances for them).
    Next?
  • whodiini
    whodiini Member ✭✭
    I am glad to find out I am not the only person with this recent issue. It is super annoying when one is managing a large number of credit cards.
  • Anything else @Quicken Anya? Help us to help you have a good product!
  • Quicken Anja
    edited March 6
    Hello All,

I just tested this myself and got the same result. I went ahead and submitted a bug report for this to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution.

Unfortunately, we won't have an ETA on this, however, once a solution is created it will be made available as part of a future update release.

Thank you for your patience and for bringing awareness to this issue!
    (CTP-1855)
    -Quicken Anja
  • Thank you for recognizing the issue is systemic and submitting to development for resolution. Looking forward to the fix.
  • narrqchat
    narrqchat Member ✭✭
    also looking forward to fix - rapidly one may hope, as this is a real irritation -- thanks!
  • Sharkbait
    Sharkbait Member ✭✭
    Kind of annoying error. Hope it's addressed soon.
  • leow
    leow Member
    Weighing in to help get this issue prioritized. Should be a very simply fix. Thanks.
  • Mr.Thomas
    Mr.Thomas Member
    One more user wishing intently for this to be fixed. So annoying for it to pop up every single time a few new items download due to auto reconcile to online balance!!