Have been a Quicken user for years and have never has this issues. I typically work on 4 different d

I have been a quicken user for years and have never had this issue. I typically work on 4 different data files that all show up as recent when I click “file”. Only the current one now has the QDF file extension, so the others can’t be opened. The only files I can find have a DAT extension. How do I recover my files?

Answers

• gooddog50
    gooddog50 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 27
    @cshy It's unlikely that anything converted you old files to something else, more likely they are just in another location (for whatever reason). Is it possible you may have backed them up or moved them to another file locatlon?
    When I do that (often), I can find them using the windows explorer and simply putting the .QDF extension in the search bar and let it rip. Search you whole computer if necessary and if the files are there, it'll find it.
    Good luck!
    QDF.png 52.6K
    Quicken since Andrew Tobias "Managing Your Money" V-12 (DOS)
    Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit, Core i7 
    Quicken Premier Subscription
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 27
    I suggest you use Quicken to attempt to locate the missing Quicken files or their backups: select File > Find Quicken Files...
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    What version (year) of Quicken are you using?
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
This discussion has been closed.