Zestimate has stopping working

2»

Answers

• InnovateMoore
    InnovateMoore Member
    I have a property that Zillow has on zillow.com but that same property can't be found inside of the Quicken/Zillow lookup feature. I have other properties that the lookup works fine. Any ideas on how to solve this?
  • RBTV
    RBTV Member
    Trying to set up for new apartment. The street address is available in Zillow, but it will not let me specify the apartment number. I have been able to do this in the past. How do I solve?
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Moderator mod

Hello @RBTV

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. I'm wondering here if it might have to do with the with the spelling potentially. What I would recommend trying is to look up the apartment on Zillow and see if there might be a slightly different spelling of what you were looking for on the  apartment. 

If this isn't the case let us know and we'll see what we can try next.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• RBTV
    RBTV Member
    Thank you, Francisco. I've already done that...in fact, copied and pasted the address from the Zillow website into the window offered on Quicken. But the window does not provide for apartment numbers. It's odd, because I was able to do it in the past with other residences.
  • kstupay
    kstupay Member
    It has now been more than a month since Zillow Zestimate ceased to work properly yet neither Quicken or Zillow seem to be following up. Does anyone know if this has been resolved and, if not, is it being worked on?
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    @Muzicman61 Your house account is named "Gift"? 
    And, is the St Kateri account also a house?  Does Zillow work for that asset?
    I hadn't heard this before ... but it's possible that you can only get 1 Zillow update per Quicken ID.
    Also, Please do HELP, About Quicken and tell us what Q product is shown there, and the BUILD of that product.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @RBTV

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a follow-up response. 

At this time I would recommend contacting support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps. 

Quicken Care has the tools to review and research this issue further. 

Thank you, 

-Quicken Tyka 

~~~***~~~
  • KnnNike
    KnnNike Member ✭✭✭
    I have this issue as well with my condo...except that Quicken finds the property, and it displays 10 identical addresses in the results section (my building doesn't have 10 units, it has about 60 units).

If I click on any of these, there's never any text presented to indicate which unit it is referring to (i.e., something like "Unit 13E" never shows up anywhere), and the Zillow value estimates for all ten results are always $0.

I'm sure this is related to the bigger breakdown of the Quicken/Zillow integration. I say this because this feature used to work correctly for my condo; it was only after the "Zestimate not available" message started appear that I thought I would delete the property and re-add it...and then ran into this.
  • AllenK
    AllenK Member
    This problem with Quicken not able to pull the accurate Zestimate from Zillow continues. I reported this some time ago. There was a workaround, which I followed but that lasted about a month. The problem is back. The Zestimate for my home was accutate about 2 weeks ago. It has not updated since, despite initiating an update manually. The real Zestimate, taken from Zillow, has increased $2,200 since yet that new increase will not update. I have removed the link to my house and re-added it. I have removed the link and ran both a Validate and Super Validate. Nothing works. Unlike before where my house address stopped being recognized, it does recognize it yet will not get the current Zestimate value. Please fix this problem.
  • cdennett
    cdennett Member ✭✭
    To be fair, I think Zillow also has an issue (not saying that Quicken doesn't.) If I go to the Zillow web site and zoom in on my neighborhood so I can see my home and see the others around it, Zillow tags my home with a value rounded to the nearest thousand dollars. If I click on my home to get its details, the value shown, if rounded, would be $2000 more. In fact, the popup with the home's details initially shows a different lower value and quickly updates with the higher one. To complicate it more, the value Quicken pulls up is different than any of these and has not changed since a bit after the first of the month.
  • David7172
    David7172 Member ✭✭
    edited April 18
    Incorrect prices vs Zillow.com. Can't update all my properties, etc. [Redacted - Rant/Speculation]
  • jrbuch
    jrbuch Member ✭✭
    I know that the Zillow integration for many quit working a few weeks ago but was then resolved. About a week ago, I noticed my values weren't updating again. The value Quicken shows is not the same as what Zillow shows on it's website. Is anybody else experiencing this or found a solution?
  • jcalisher
    jcalisher Member
    mine shows up as "No Zestimate for this property" . It does seem to stop working periodically. It's been doing this as long as I can remember. I just update it manually and just wait for it to start working again.
  • Zestimate in Quicken does not reflect the amount shown on Zillow web site
  • SKeyser
    SKeyser Member ✭✭
    I've not had the problem of my property not being recognized when I perform the Zillow update, but the price returned (in Quicken from Zillow) has not changed in two weeks... while Zillow's website has shown changes. I would like to rely on the Quicken/Zillow relationship... but it needs attention.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    edited April 17
    Please do HELP, About Quicken, and from that dialog tell us the following info:
    • What Q product you're running,
    • the BUILD of that product, and
    • the "Membership Valid thru" date.
    BTW, I checked just now ... and I'm having no problems with Zillow.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • David7172
    David7172 Member ✭✭
    Q user since the first Quicken for Windows. Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Home & Business, Version R32.12, Build 27.1.32.12. Membership good thru November. The issue is not users - the issue is defective software, and it is for Quicken to fix as Zillow was a touted "new feature". Perhaps there are handshake issues with Zillow - but that is up to Quicken to fix. Unfortunately not enough people weighing in so not a priority.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    SKeyser said:
    I've not had the problem of my property not being recognized when I perform the Zillow update, but the price returned (in Quicken from Zillow) has not changed in two weeks... while Zillow's website has shown changes. I would like to rely on the Quicken/Zillow relationship... but it needs attention.
    I wonder if this is on purpose.

Sort of like the "delayed quotes" for securities.  As in Zillow has purposely made the estimate given to Quicken trail in time.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • mrzookie
    mrzookie Member ✭✭✭✭
    I can't think of a logical reason for why they would do that.

It's just a bug. It was broken, they fixed it, and now its broken again. They need to fix it again.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    mrzookie said:

It's just a bug. It was broken, they fixed it, and now its broken again. They need to fix it again.

And I can't think of a possible way that Quicken could be causing this.  The problem has to be on the Zillow side.
    Quicken can't just make up numbers and get them wrong, but close. 

Note that in my case the two differ by $2,651.  There isn't any possible way that is a "rounding error".
    Signature:
  • David7172
    David7172 Member ✭✭
    Quicken advertised Zillow updates as a new feature. It is therefore Quickens problem to fix. Should not have offered if it is not reliable.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    David7172 said:
    Quicken advertised Zillow updates as a new feature. It is therefore Quickens problem to fix. Should not have offered if it is not reliable.
    How did they know it isn't wasn't going to be reliable after some time in the future?
    Would you be happier if they just pull the feature?

Personally I would.  The feature is just an estimate there is no way anyone should consider it anything else.
    Your property is worth what you can sell it for.  To believe that there is an "exact number" is foolish.  Go get estimates from other sources, they won't be the same.

It is all the user pressuring Quicken Inc to put out all these "features", which come from third parties and frankly they don't have a very good track record with third party services, so on that part I definitely agree that they shouldn't offer such services.  But they want to "make the customer happy".
    Signature:
  • David7172
    David7172 Member ✭✭
    Quicken has absolutely had issues over the years with every kind of add on, including downloading bank and credit card transactions. They finally got most of the basics working most of the time. Things improved since they spun off from the previous owner. As a lifelong marketing and new product guy, the rule is — don’t do things you can’t do well. So I’d say pull the feature or fix it. As for estimated property values, nothing is perfect except an actual sale to know value. But Zillow is getting better by the day. If you look at their accuracy vs sales prices - it is remarkable.
  • mrzookie
    mrzookie Member ✭✭✭✭
    Chris_QPW said:
    mrzookie said:

And I can't think of a possible way that Quicken could be causing this.  The problem has to be on the Zillow side.
    Quicken can't just make up numbers and get them wrong, but close. 
    I agree. When I said "they", I meant Quicken and Zillow, collectively. The Q interface is probably pulling from a field that Zillow, for some reason or other, has stopped updating.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    mrzookie said:

I agree. When I said "they", I meant Quicken and Zillow, collectively. The Q interface is probably pulling from a field that Zillow, for some reason or other, has stopped updating.
    I would surely hope that isn't the way it works.  In fact I'm 90% it isn't.
    In other words I don't expect Quicken (or their servers) to be doing "screen scraping".
    I expect that the is a Zillow API that is provided to Quicken Inc to do a query based on the location, and return the property value.
    Signature:
  • cdennett
    cdennett Member ✭✭
    Something started working this morning, at least for me. My home's value finally updated after being stagnant for days (and also not agreeing with what I saw on the Zillow web site.) After spending a career in IT, my guess is that Zillow updated their API and there was an bug in it, or they didn't tell Quicken, or they did tell Quicken and Quicken didn't make changes on their end.

I did catch one glitch on Zillow's web site. When I drilled down to my home, it briefly showed the value Quicken picked up. However, that lasted less than a second and was replaced with a value that was slightly higher by just under $100.
  • jcalisher
    jcalisher Member
    It may be integrated , but its not working. The integration does occasionally break but it's usually fixed more quickly.
    I can log into Zillow and my house still exists as it has for well over a decade.
  • David7172
    David7172 Member ✭✭
    For the first time in probably a month, one of my properties updated with correct Zillow data. But another property that I have tracked for years still will not update (reason being Zillow lost the ability to find data for this address - despite working properly in the past). So Zillow is partially fixed, best case.