What has happened to break the One Step Update Progress window?

When performing a One Step Update, I used to see each Financial Institution show a status that progressed from "waiting..." to "downloading..." to "processing..." to "complete." This was helpful in knowing whether the process had hung. Now the One Step Update Progress window shows only "waiting..." for each Financial Institution. What has changed? Will this be fixed?

Comments

• skhipp
    skhipp Member ✭✭
    I'm having the same experience. And... if an account fails, I don't get any kind of response showing an error code. In fact, the status box that used to show the success/failure of every account never pops up anymore. And... when I initiate the OneStep Update, I get an error tone on my PC but the update starts anyway - then does not proceed as it always has. This morning, my Ally accounts did NOT download or clear ANY transactions, but updated the account balance. Now THAT is odd!!!
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @skhipp and @LarryC

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. That is odd as I'm still able to see them update so it may be something else. Lets try seeing what we're able to find out by installing a mondo patch.

https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product

Once you try this see if you're able to get any updates. If not we'll see what we can try next to get you back up and running.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• mcmulle0149
    mcmulle0149 Member
    My accounts are not updating at all. Quicken thinks the accounts are deleted. Then when I try to reset them I either get where it won't accept the login credentials for the account site or wants me to chose what type of account it is, gives me a list to chose from, but then there is nothing to select. I have never seen your program broken this bad. Some accounts I try to update but all the transition are incorrect and it can't reconcile.
  • skhipp
    skhipp Member ✭✭
    Hello Francisco, I downloaded and installed the mondo patch and nothing changed. Absolutely nothing.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    @skhipp

Thanks for letting us know. I believe in this case it might help trying to see on a test file if we have a similar issue. This will give us a better idea of where exactly the issue is. This will give us a better idea of it's an issue with the program or the specific file. I'll leave steps down below and you can find it on the third step on the article.

https://www.quicken.com/support/advanced-data-file-troubleshooting-correct-problems-quicken-windows

Once you get the chance let us know what you're able to find out. From there we'll see what we able to find next.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• skhipp
    skhipp Member ✭✭
    Hello Francisco,

Thank you for these steps. I was able to follow all of the steps and completed everything. It does seem like the issue with Ally Bank is better, but I am still not getting any kind of screen after a OneStep Update to tell me which accounts connected and were successful, and whether or not anything failed. There is NOTHING showing up after a OneStep Update.

I will run an update tomorrow morning and advise as to whether or not things are working any better. OneStep Update is still terribly slow.. I mean REALLY slow.
  • skhipp
    skhipp Member ✭✭
    Francisco, my one step update is working better (sometimes). However, I still have a problem with my Ally accounts. Let me describe for you.

I have several Ally accounts. They will not ALL update - if I try to reset one of them to make sure it is active for download, it will disable the other accounts. I don't understand why it's not communicating with Ally about all accounts anymore.

My one step update is still extremely slow and never gives me a status window after completion to show me what was successful and what was not. In addition, when I click the button to start the one step update, my windows pc gives me an error tone, but the one step update does start. Why am I getting that error tone every single time?
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    skhipp said:
    ... but I am still not getting any kind of screen after a OneStep Update to tell me which accounts connected and were successful, and whether or not anything failed. There is NOTHING showing up after a OneStep Update.

To see the One Step Update Summary after every OSU, please go into Tools / One Step Update Summary. At the bottom of the view there's a checkbox "Show this window only when there are errors". This setting should not have a checkmark.
    While you're looking at that, the other setting, "Show just the last update", should have a checkmark in its box.

• LarryC
    LarryC Member ✭✭
    The One Step Update Progress window was working properly until about 2 weeks ago and I have changed no settings since then. A software update at about that time seems to have broken something. That same update also scrambled transactions in several accounts with the message "Your data is being synced to our improved cloud service."
  • LarryC
    LarryC Member ✭✭
    > @UKR said:
    > To see the One Step Update Summary after every OSU, please go into Tools / One Step Update Summary. At the bottom of the view there's a checkbox "Show this window only when there are errors". This setting should not have a checkmark.
    > While you're looking at that, the other setting, "Show just the last update", should have a checkmark in its box.

I have no problem seeing the One Step Update window. If you read my original post, the problem is that each financial institution shows only "Waiting..." as the status, which never changes. Before the latest update, the window showed progress from "Waiting..." to "Downloading..." to "Processing..." to "Complete."

I can't be the only user to be having this problem.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 25
    Hello @LarryC

Thank you for the response, although I apologize that this issue continues to persist and we have been unable to resolve this issue here in the Community.

At this time I would recommend contacting support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps. 

Quicken Care has the tools to review and research this issue further. 

Thank you, 

-Quicken Tyka 

~~~***~~~
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    LarryC said:  If you read my original post, the problem is that each financial institution shows only "Waiting..." as the status, which never changes. Before the latest update, the window showed progress from "Waiting..." to "Downloading..." to "Processing..." to "Complete."
    With recent changes to the downloading aspect of Quicken -
    I have noticed 2 anomolies you have mentioned -
    1 - the OSU Summary displays the download in TWO iterations...
    The Direct Connect accounts will show the Completed ...
    The Express Web Connect accounts will showing Waiting,
    and then flip to Summary screen.
    2 - the Summary screen will display differently depending upon the mix of Direct Connect and Express Web Connect accounts that have downloaded.
    The checkbox [x] at the bottom for - Only Show Last Update - will be confusing, as the "last update" may be the current 1 of 2, or 2 of 2 downloads of DC vs EWC

Quicken Subscription - Windows 10
  • LarryC
    LarryC Member ✭✭
    @Ps56k2: I think that you are onto something in that Quicken treats Direct Connect and Express Web Connect differently. Maybe the developers only test with Direct Connect, even though some users don't have that option with all their financial institutions. Here's hoping this thread gets some attention...
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Ps56k2 said:
    2 - the Summary screen will display differently depending upon the mix of Direct Connect and Express Web Connect accounts that have downloaded.
    The checkbox [x] at the bottom for - Only Show Last Update - will be confusing, as the "last update" may be the current 1 of 2, or 2 of 2 downloads of DC vs EWC

If this is true, it is certainly a bug.  Yes these are done with different ones in parallel and such, but they are all in the same "update".  They should never be separated on the summary.

Note that for whatever reason (probably very low level) they can only do one Direct Connect connection at a time.  So these are done in serial.  Whereas for Express Web Connect they are definitely doing them in parallel.  And there is actually two flows to them.  The old FDS flow:
    Quicken -> Intuit Server -> Financial institution's website.  (multiple ones of these at a time, the whole flow)
    And the new flow:
    Quicken ->QCS (Quicken Cloud Services) -> Intuit server -> Financial institution's website
    In this case there is just one connection from Quicken to QCS, it is QCS that is doing the multiple connections to the Intuit server, and when finished syncing back to Quicken (This is "cloud sync").   And I guess for things like prompting the user for secondary authentication there must be some kind of communication path for that.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chris_QPW said:  If this is true, it is certainly a bug. 
    I just took the plunge and updated to R32.10 - so will see if the anomoly still exists.
    It could be that the processing of DC and EWC happens in 2 different processes - and the "last update" summary screen only references the last process it finds -

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 25
    Well I only have one Express Web Connect account, and it is setup for FDS not QCS, and both my Direct Connect and that one Express Web Connect account comes up on the summary even with showing only the last update.

It wouldn't be a different "process", but would absolutely be a different "thread", that is how you do parallel processing in C++.  But that shouldn't matter, it is a bug if they aren't reported together.  You have a parent thread that in turn kicks off child threads and waits for them to finish, and then go on.

Just to check I switched to QCS and got the same result (Macy's is Express Web Connect).  It might have to do with how many Express Web Connect accounts you have.

Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same here - all displayed -
    but no transactions - will watch to see any difs when transactions download.

• maxwelwp
    maxwelwp Member, Windows Beta Beta
    edited March 28
    Found the same issue occurring a few releases ago but didn't let it bother me as transactions were still updating.

After seeing this thread, as noted previously, only the Direct Connect accounts are represented by the green circle and complete status indicators. All Express Web connect accounts will show processing data... then switch to the summary screen after OSU completes.

“Never stop dreaming, never stop believing, never give up, never stop trying, and 
    never stop learning.”
    Quicken user since 1993
  • LarryC
    LarryC Member ✭✭
    @maxwelwp ...and if you choose "Update Summary" from the One Step Update icon on the toolbar you get only the most recent results of the Direct Connect financial institutions, and no Express Web Connect accounts.

It seems the processing for EWC and DC has diverged since the updates to improve cloud service, and a number of features that had been working are now broken.
  • maxwelwp
    maxwelwp Member, Windows Beta Beta
    LarryC - I haven't experienced the issue you are seeing where only the DC accounts are shown on the summary as I see summary of all accounts. I did update my comments / .jpg in previous post to show non-DC accounts staying in processing data... stage until the summary screen is presented.

Been using Quicken over 20 years now and have found that cloud and mobile since its introduction have caused many problems so don't plan to use in the foreseeable future. Maybe after a complete rewrite of the code or full implementation to web services only....

“Never stop dreaming, never stop believing, never give up, never stop trying, and 
    never stop learning.”
    Quicken user since 1993
  • BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    - Techie; US Subs QWin Deluxe user since 2010
    - I don't use Sync, Cloud, Mobile & Web, Bill Pay/Mgr
    - Main Q: R32.12 on Win10 * Test Q: Latest on Win11