Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Quicken World Mastercard Fails Every Time

I recently got the USBank Quicken World Mastercard (QWMC), thinking it would work with Quicken better than some of the other cards I've had some trouble with--and I wanted to receive some of the perks offered.

I have had nothing but trouble with this card trying to get it to connect to my Quicken for Windows. I have spoken with Quicken Support on three occasions and UsBank three times. Finally, I got connected with a USBank higher level support person who specifically does Quicken support. He did a "soft reset" of my password, and everything seemed to work. He gave me a number to call his department if I had more problems, and told me to tell them I would need a "soft reset". It worked fine that day, but a few days later went back to the same old errors. I'm so tired of dealing with this, I'm going to stop using the card and give up on it.

1. First of all, when connecting the account, I'm instructed to use the Quicken Access ID given to me on the website, with the Quicken Access PW sent to me in the mail (4 digits). Dandy. Then it wants me to CHANGE MY PASSWORD to certain parameters. Fine. Ok for today. From here on out there are issues.

Here's what I have to do to connect and download transactions:
2. Click the One Step Update
3. It says there was an error, and brings up a window asking whether I'd changed my password recently. (I've changed it so many times now I don't know how to answer the question.)
4. Either "yes" or "no" basically ends up in the same place.
5. I go to the password vault to check my PW. It has always stored the last one I created in (1.) above. I change it back to the 4 digits sent to me in the mail. This is what the USBank person told me to do.
6. I try to update again.
7. It brings up the SAME window asking me to CHANGE MY PASSWORD as in (1.) above.
8. I make up yet another password and enter it.
9. It will download my transactions appropriately.

The next time I go to connect and download transactions I go thru the entire process again, steps 2-9. It always stores my new password in the vault without me telling it to do so. It is always the wrong password.
I've begun to pre-emptively try changing the pw back the 4-digit code prior to connecting, but that doesn't work either.

As I said, I'm giving up on the card, but wanted to vent my frustrations here. I see that issues similar to this have been going on for a long time, and the previous discussions have been closed, like this one: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20125823#Comment_20125823

I do not understand why Quicken has not corrected this issue, and I can't believe I am the only one with a QWMC trying to update transactions with these difficulties.

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Moderator mod
    Hello @GGR

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

With the difficulty you're having I do recommend contacting Quicken Support  via chat or phone and sharing your screen with one of our support reps, if you feel comfortable doing so, to have the matter looked at and hopefully fixed promptly. This will give us a better idea of what's going on so that we're able to get your card downloading properly. I'll leave our hours down below so you can find a time that works best for you.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

Quicken Phone Support Current Hours of Operation:

Monday through Friday

5:00 am to 5:00 pm PDT

Quicken Chat Support Current Hours of Operation:

Monday through Sunday

5:00 am to 5:00 pm PDT

• GGR
    GGR Member
    Thanks for the reply, but I have already done a screen share with support on 2 calls, and have spent a good deal of time on this. I can't see how going through the same steps one more time will have different results. After the last phone call + screen share I was referred to USBank, and Quicken promptly closed my ticket without asking me if the issue was resolved. It is not.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Moderator mod
    @GGR

Thanks for letting me know. Do you by chance have a ticket number for your previous times with support? I'd like to look a bit deeper to see what exactly happened and what they were able to find on the calls. If you do please let me know and I'll take a deeper look.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 27
    I am having a similar problem and plan to get rid of the Quicken Credit Card.
    [Removed - Off Topic]

Quicken Deluxe Subscription; Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
  • suec2525
    suec2525 Member
    When trying to add One Step Update for my Quicken card which I access at quickencard.com, I keep getting mis-directed to www.usbank.com and I have no credentials for www.usbank.com so I get a message that my pin/password is locked. This has been going on for months. USBank says it's Quicken's problem. Quicken says it's USBank's problem and no one will fix it. I have to use the Actions button >Update now (which curiously enough goes to the correct website) and manually download the transactions to a QIF. Am I seriously the only one with this problem? And is there anyone who can fix it?
  • leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 7
    Unfortunately, I eventually got rid of the Quicken credit card as it seems to have problems working with Quicken.
    I kept getting invalid password even though the correct password was used.
    I spoke to USBank's Quicken support for about an hour, 800-987-7237, and they attempted to fix the problem on their end as they could see the invalid password error, but the resolution lasted only a day.
    Quicken Deluxe Subscription; Windows 10 Pro 64-bit