Balance Update

I pay my credit card statement balance in full each month. Can I set a reminder to update the Reminder balance for that account as it updates thru the month instead of manually entering the current credit card balance in the reminder? Similar to an Excel cell equaling the amount in another Excel cell when it changes?

Best Answer

• Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    I suggest you edit the bill reminder, select change to the right of Estimate amount for me: and Current credit card balance in the pull-down menu.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    I suggest you edit the bill reminder, select change to the right of Estimate amount for me: and Current credit card balance in the pull-down menu.
  • thegulicks
    thegulicks Member ✭✭
    My credit card pulldown menu only shows Fixed amount, Previous payments, and Time of Year. Other credit cards are okay. This is a fairly new account.
  • thegulicks
    thegulicks Member ✭✭
    That last statement is wrong. This account has been active since 2015.
  • johnroldan
    johnroldan Member ✭✭
    > @thegulicks said:
    > My credit card pulldown menu only shows Fixed amount, Previous payments, and Time of Year. Other credit cards are okay. This is a fairly new account.

I am having the same issue. Existing reminders have that 4th option, but not any new Bill Reminders I attempt to create. Only Fixed amount, Previous payments, and Time of Year are available for selection. What changed?
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is that particular reminder set up as a simple transfer transaction, with Category = [credit card register name]
    or is it set up as a Split to 2 or more categories, e.g., transfer to [loan account register] and Interest expense category?
    All my reminders with a single transfer-to account have "Current credit card balance" as an option.