Quicken on the Web calendar view is incorrect

My accounts, transactions and balances are all correct on my desktop and on the QOW transaction list view. But the QOW calendar view is out of balance, due to a debit transaction that exists from before my accounts began, and does not increment going forward. This situation has no effect otherwise, but I can't get rid of that bizarre debit and get the calendar view to increment normally and correctly. If I never look at it things are fine, but I'm compulsive about it. Any suggestions?

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Moderator mod

Hello @lkidder0923

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. I'm wondering if it might not be synced with the desktop. Let's try seeing if we're able to get it synced by resetting it. I'll leave steps down below. 

Across the top on the desktop go to edit > preferences > Mobile & web > reset your cloud data.

Once you've done this see if we're able to get the calendar syncing correctly on the mobile app. If not we'll see what we can try next.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• TheGeneral412
    TheGeneral412 Member ✭✭
    I have the exact same issue and resetting the cloud data did not help. This started after the recent update to VR31.20 Build: 27.1.31.20.
  • lkidder0923
    lkidder0923 Member
    Thanks for the suggestion, but sorry, no go. Same problem......the QOW calendar view still shows a debit that goes back in time long before I ever began using Quicken (Nov. 2019). Also, it does not increment the balance on future days showing transactions. The QOW transaction lit view is fine, as are all views and balances on my desktop. No problems on the mobile app either, but there's no calendar view there.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @lkidder0923

Thank you for the response and the additional details. Is this a transaction or a scheduled transaction?

A scheduled transaction will have a clock icon. When you select this transaction do you see the same box as shown below?

Do you by chance have an option to ignore the reminder? If not, are you able to capture a screenshot of the issues you are seeing? 

The more information you can provide regarding this issue will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • lkidder0923
    lkidder0923 Member
    There is no discernible transaction causing it. "It" is the end-of-day balance amount that shows at the bottom of every day's box on the calendar view of Quicken on the Web. Several days ago there started appearing a pre-existing negative balance for every day before I began using Quicken (in November 2019), going all the way back to the earliest date showing in Quick (January 1, 2011). That balance figure, mysteriously, is the exact amount of my regular net pay deposit. It has resulted in an incorrect daily balance for every day, although the arithmetic involved is "correct." As I have said previously, this situation affects only the amounts in the calendar view of QOW. The transaction list view in QOW is correct in all respects (transactions, balances), as are the results in my desktop Quicken ledger and my Android Quicken app. I can easily simply ignore the QOW website and sleep soundly, but I want to find out what the problem is. I have reset my online data twice to no avail. I suspect the problem was cause by the most recent Quicken update.
  • lkidder0923
    lkidder0923 Member
    Update on my QOW calendar view problem: Future scheduled and recurring transactions, both deposits and payments, do not increment the account balance in the calendar view until the day they actually happen. This makes it difficult to see future cash flow balances. As I've said previously, all other views (transaction list, desktop and mobile) do not have this problem.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @lkidder0923

Thank you for the response and the additional details.

May I ask that please provide a screenshot of the issue Snipping Tool. To learn more about posting screenshots to the Community, please take a moment to review the information available here.

This will help to follow along and to recreate the issue.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • lkidder0923
    lkidder0923 Member
    I most certainly will not post a screenshot of my bank account activity for all the Quicken community to see. If you cannot understand my comments above, so be it. Let me try to be more clear. The calendar view of QOW shows running daily balances based on transaction history. It updates daily based on actual activity in my checking account. There are future-dated, scheduled transactions listed in the Quicken ledger that are intended to be reminders of income or payments and also show future cash flows based on the daily balances. In my case, however, the daily balances do not update based on future transactions in the calendar view. When a future date arrives in real life, they do, but scheduled future transactions still do not.

That is about as clearly and directly I can express the problem I have. It is an annoyance, but it does not affect correct accounting and updating in my other Quicken views, so it remains an annoyance but not a serious problem. I can choose simply to ignore it.