Charles Schwab Accounts No Longer Downloading Transactions-

HossBiggins
HossBiggins Member ✭✭
For the past couple of weeks, transactions are no longer updating with any of my Schwab accounts. All other online accounts are updating just fine. I talked to support and they had no answer for me. 3rd party access is enabled at Schwab.com. I have tried to troubleshoot this issue myself. When I go to change the connection type, I am getting error messages popping up on the FI screen. I think it's a Quicken software issue, but can't figure it out. Was curious if anyone else is having an issue.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @HossBiggins,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Could you please provide which version of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Quicken > About Quicken

Also, are you receiving any specific error code(s) and/or message(s) that you can provide us with here, please?

Please, check back and let us know! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• HossBiggins
    HossBiggins Member ✭✭
    Sure, here is my version I am running: Version 6.1.1 (Build 601.37924.100) and here is my OS macOS 10.15.7

When I try to update all online accounts, an error message pops up with "An error occurred during your online banking update

Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is not responding. Please try again later.

(A server with the specified hostname could not be found.)"

When I try to edit the online account, an annoying error message window pops up over and over again and I have to cancel it " Unknown institution, unable to determine the financial institution" I have to close it repeatedly to pick an FI out of the list. Eventually, I get to a point where I can click next. I try to reconnect to Schwab, and put in my credentials to get onto Schwab.com, but they are not accepted.
  • Quicken Anja
    @HossBiggins Thank you for the additional information!

To start with, if you haven't already, I suggest you try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in. Please, follow the steps below in order to do so.
    1. Navigate to the Quicken dropdown menu
    2. Sign Out...
    3. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password 
    4. Follow the prompts to be taking back to your data file after signing in
    Once that is done, see if the issue still persists.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja

• kolohe222
    kolohe222 Unconfirmed, Member
    Did not work
  • HossBiggins
    HossBiggins Member ✭✭
    @quicken Anja thanks for the recommendation, but unfortunately that did not solve the issue. Still unable to get updates from Schwab and getting the same error message.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @HossBiggins

Thank you for the response, although I apologize that the trouble continues to persist. I would next recommend resetting the Quicken cloud.
    1. Go to Quicken > Preferences > Connected Services.
    2. In the Cloud Account section, click Reset.
    Once this process has completed, please attempt to update once more and let us know if the error persists.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • HossBiggins
    HossBiggins Member ✭✭
    @Quicken_Tyka When I was on the phone with Quicken support, they suggested I reset my cloud account, which I tried at that time, and unfortunately that does not fix the issue. The interesting thing is that before I tried what you suggested, all of my Schwab accounts updated randomly upon opening Quicken. I tried to manually kick off another update, and I got the error message again. I am also tried to update a Schwab account that I had turned off automatic updates when I was trouble shooting, and that is not working either.
  • Quicken Anja
    Hello @HossBiggins,

Thank you for following up about your interaction with support and providing additional information.

If you don't mind and haven't tried this already, could you please try creating a new (test) file and try adding the account(s) in question brand new to see if you receive the same result in the test file. If needed, please, review this support article for instructions on how to create a new file and how to switch back to your original file after.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja

• HossBiggins
    HossBiggins Member ✭✭
    @quicken Anja tried what you suggested and started with a new file. Can't connect to Schwab in the new file either. Not accepting my credentials and getting same error messages as before.
  • Quicken Anja
    @HossBiggins Thank you for trying that and providing an update!

Since you, unfortunately, received the same result in the test file; at this point, I recommend that you call Quicken Support directly for further assistance. Our support agents will need to collect and review your log files to investigate the root cause of the error, and may possibly require assistance from our Tier 2 team to file an escalation if they see fit.

I apologize that our efforts from the Community were unable to resolve this for you.

-Quicken Anja

This discussion has been closed.