Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

One-Step Update is in a Continuous Loop

Over the last couple of weeks when i update my accounts thru one-step update it never completes and is in an endless loop. I have to shut down with Task Manager to kill it. Been very buggy this year. Not what I have come to expect.

Answers

• Censat9117
    Censat9117 Member
    Same issue here seems to started with the last update, this needs to be fixed
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @kpetit and @Censat9117

Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your experience and feedback with the Community, although I apologize for any frustration that you have experienced so far.

We'll need a bit more information to be able to assist.

Please take a moment to review the information available here and post back to let us know what version and release of Quicken you are using.

May I ask if you experience this trouble if you update from the register?

1. Open the transaction register for the account that is not downloading.
    2. Click the Gear Icon in the upper right of the register and select Update Now.
    3. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update.

Do you receive transactions or possibly an error message? Please let me know what you find!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Censat9117
    Censat9117 Member
    After looking in to this more, my problems seem to be with the Capital One credit card update. I can update from the gear icon or the quick update icon and it will not update either way and the one step update keeps spinning and never stops, I do get a message that says Quicken one step cannot connect with servers please try later and I cannot exit the program use less I do it using the task manager. I can reset the account and it will work just that one time but I have to do this every time I update Capital One account. It will not reconcile with the R just puts a C but I can manually reconcile and it works. I am using version R31.20
  • kpetit
    kpetit Member
    I've also isolated my issue to my Dell Account. I removed it from updating and all is good now. Not sure what the issue is or who it's with.
  • James Clark
    James Clark Member ✭✭
    I get the same problem, do one step update and it goes into a continuous loop. makes no difference if I do the update from the main menu or from the gear in each account. Can't get out of the update!!!
  • Censat9117
    Censat9117 Member
    Either Capital One does not like Quicken or Quicken does not like Capital One since the last update. I have to reset the account every time I want to update it, if not one step update just keeps running and the only way you can exit Quicken is to use task manager to stop the process.
  • James Clark
    James Clark Member ✭✭
    as a continuation to my March 5 entry, since Quicken one step is in a loop, I really cannot do much within quicken, If I try to search, I cannot enter text for a search since after one letter is entered, it is highlighted and deleted with the next letter. task manager is the only way to exit quicken.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @James Clark

Thank you for the response and the additional details.

If you haven't done so already, I would next uninstall and reinstall using the QcleanUI utility and then reinstalling the Quicken application.

https://www.quicken.com/support/using-qcleanui-uninstall-quicken

If the trouble persists after completing this step, I would next contact support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • James Clark
    James Clark Member ✭✭
    tried the a above by uninstalling Quicken and then reloading quicken. problem still persists.. I had also previously tried the qclean but when I down load the file and move it to a new folder the MSI file will not run.
  • kpetit
    kpetit Member
    I would try to find the offending account(s) and not update them (deselect). That's the only thing that worked for me. It seems to have trouble with stopping the update if it does not receive information back or does not connect - hence the loop.
  • cardio12
    cardio12 Member
    edited March 23
    All downloads are complete yet software is still using up to 10% of cpu intermittently for some purpose and causing hour glass on screen. WHY?
    [Removed - Speculation]
  • aquiel
    aquiel Member
    I am having the same issue. I view the One Step Update Summary and it says One Step Update Complete. My old system crashed and I just installed Quicken on my new system. Oh, after what seemed like 30 minutes or so, it finally stopped and spit out a CC-501 error message--I bank with USAA and they are unable to connect to the Quicken servers at this time. Great.