Subscription Pricing Irregularities (Quicken Deluxe)

TLDR: Quicken is offering me a $32 price to subscribe to Quicken Deluxe for 12 months, but after I enter my credit card info and sign in the price jumps to $52. There's nothing on the starting page about the price being for only new users or whatever. Something's fishy.

Details: I have Quicken Deluxe for Windows and my subscription expires in 22 days or so. I went to quicken.com/compare to look at the latest versions and prices, and saw Quicken Deluxe on sale for $31.99 for 12 months, so I clicked BUY. It asked for email and made me enter my credit card and billing info, and continued to show the price at each step as $31.99 for 12 months. Then it got to a question: new or existing user, so I clicked existing, and then the price suddenly jumped to $51.99 for 12 months.

Why is it showing me 2 different prices, with no notification on quicken.com/compare that the lower sale price may change later based on my user status? Why is it taking credit card info before asking if I already use it and then removing the sale price? How do I get the lower rate for my renewal?
Tagged:

Best Answer

• jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    There is usually a footnote symbol on the discount page, next to 40%:
    † Limited time offer of 40% off the list price applies only to the purchase of Quicken Deluxe, Premier, Home, Business & Rental Property for the first year only when you order directly from Quicken by March 16, 2021, 11:59 PM PST. Offer good for new memberships only. Offer listed above cannot be combined with any other offers. Terms, conditions, pricing, features, offers and service options subject to change without notice.
    If I go to the normal quicken.com page, the comparisons don't show the discounted pricing.  
    Quicken user since 1995
    Win10 Deluxe Subscription thru 2021

Answers

• jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    There is usually a footnote symbol on the discount page, next to 40%:
    † Limited time offer of 40% off the list price applies only to the purchase of Quicken Deluxe, Premier, Home, Business & Rental Property for the first year only when you order directly from Quicken by March 16, 2021, 11:59 PM PST. Offer good for new memberships only. Offer listed above cannot be combined with any other offers. Terms, conditions, pricing, features, offers and service options subject to change without notice.
    If I go to the normal quicken.com page, the comparisons don't show the discounted pricing.  
    Quicken user since 1995
    Win10 Deluxe Subscription thru 2021
  • drew2u
    drew2u Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the quick reply jrich75. I opened quicken.com/compare in an incognito window and found the footnote you pasted, but confirmed at the top of the page where the price is displayed the symbol (†) referencing the footnote isn't displayed to me anywhere else except AT the footnote itself. (I searched within the page for "†" and it reports it's in 2 locations, but I can't find the first - only the second, at the footnote.)

Anyway, mystery solved, so thanks for finding it.

I'm off to Best Buy for my discount there, where I have to buy a CD - but at least it's on sale!

Thanks again.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Well from the posts on here they seem to muck with that website all the time.  And I mean the live one.  As in changing from minute to minute.  At the moment it isn't showing any discount on quicken.com/compare for me.

About the only two things I can think of for this problem is:
    1. Contact Quicken Support
    2. Don't buy from this site, buy from a retailer instead.  Staples has Deluxe for $42 and so does Best Buy (note make sure you don't buy the "new user" copies).
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • drew2u
    drew2u Member ✭✭
    I also want to re-iterate for the Quicekn.com web site designers, it should ask my status (new or existing user) BEFORE asking for my credit card info. That would have saved me time!
This discussion has been closed.