Syncing Investment Accounts

Investment accounts are only showing their cash balances when I sync to the mobile app/cloud. None of the securities are listed. i have tried to reset and logoff/logon but it did not correct the issue. What do I do?

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @oldcarman

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report your issue, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

I would first confirm that you are viewing the correct data file.

After signing into the Mobile App, you will be given a list of data files associated with your Quicken ID. Here you can select which data file from Quicken on your computer you want to view on the Mobile App. If you are missing transactions on the Mobile App, make certain you are viewing the same data file you have open on your computer. 

If that is not the issue, I would review the steps here, to confirm that the correct brokerage account has been selected to sync with the mobile app.

Please let me know what you find!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • oldcarman
    oldcarman Member
    Thank you for answering.

Only one data account is listed and it is the same as my computer account.

All amounts on the mobile account are the same as my computer account except investments. That only shows the correct cash balance on the mobile account but no security list.

When I go to Mobile and Web on my computer my investment accounts are all listed as enabled.

When I sync, everything gets updated except the individual investment accounts but the cash balance does get updated. I also get a message; The category “Mark” was not synced. Illegal Operation {0}. No repair is available and I do not have an individual category “Mark” in Quicken.

When I go to Investing>Accounts in Quicken mobile, my 3 brokerage accounts and 2 individual accounts are listed but show 0 holdings but do show the cash balances.

So, how do I get the holdings to show? How can the cash balances be updated correctly but the holdings do not show?

Under Quicken Mobile and Web on my computer I go to Select Preferences and Sync is on and I have done the reset at least 2 times a day but the investment holdings still do not show up
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Moderator mod
    Hello @oldcarman

Thanks for the update. I'm wondering here if we might need to delete the data set in order to have it work properly. I'll leave an article down below that will go over how to do so.

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-edit-or-delete-your-cloud-datasets-quicken-windows

Once you've done this try to resync the cloud again and we see if we're able to get the sync working with your investments. Let us know how it goes once you get the chance to try!

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • oldcarman
    oldcarman Member
    Could not delete the dataset. It says it cannot delete a dataset that is open. So how do I delete it? Quicken mobile still only shows the cash in the investment accounts. It does not show any of the individual stocks.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Moderator mod
    @oldcarman

In order to delete the dataset you'll want to be loaded into a different file so that we're able to delete the original dataset. You can do so by going across the top to file > new. Once you're file is made it will ask you to add  a bank but you can close that area and instead maneuver to delete the original dataset. Once you've deleted the dataset you can go back to your original file by going across the top to file > 2 (file location/name) It'll be towards the bottom of the dropdown menu. Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

• oldcarman
    oldcarman Member
    I made a new file called myfile_033121. Went to preferences and deleted my original dataset.
    Then I opened my original file went to Mobile and Web, clicked Cloud Sync
    Got a message The category “Mark” was not synced. Illegal Operation (0) Clicked OK
    Window opened - Quicken Cloud Sync Errors

Important The category “Mark” was not synced. Illegal Operation (0)
    Important The category “Joanne” was not synced. Illegal Operation (0)
    No repair listed
    Clicked Apply Now

It resynced

Still when I go on Quicken Mobile only investments cash balance listed. It says No security list.

Now what do I do?

Mark
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @oldcarman

Thank you for the response and the additional details. Now that the dataset has been removed and recreated, I would recommend resetting the cloud once more.

1. Go to Edit > Preferences > Mobile & Web 

2. Click Reset your cloud data. 

Please let me know if this resolves the issue and you can see the holdings in the mobile app.

-Quicken Tyka 

~~~***~~~
  • oldcarman
    oldcarman Member
    I reset cloud data and still got the same messages

Important The category “Mark” was not synced. Illegal Operation (0)
    Important The category “Joanne” was not synced. Illegal Operation (0)
    No repair listed
    Clicked Apply Now

It resynced

Still when I go on Quicken Mobile only investments cash balance listed. It says No security list.

So I made a new file again and deleted the original dataset and did everything from the previous suggestions and still nothing works. I also reset the cloud data and that didn't help.
  • oldcarman
    oldcarman Member
    I keep doing what you suggested and nothing works. I still get the same error messages and my investment holding are still not listed.
  • spratleywa
    spratleywa Member ✭✭
    I have the same issue.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @spratleywa

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you continue to experience this issue.

If you have not done so already, I would recommend resetting the cloud if you have not done so.

1. Go to Edit > Preferences > Mobile & Web 

2. Click Reset your cloud data. 

If the issue continues, I would next sign out and sign back.

1. Go to Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    2. Click sign in as a different user
    3. Type "yes" to sign out
    4. After you sign out, sign back in with the same Quicken ID
    Please let me know who it goes!
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • oldcarman
    oldcarman Member
    Done it all multiple times. Even uninstalled and reinstalled Quicken but individual investment securities will not appear in the mobile app.
  • oldcarman
    oldcarman Member
    I have done it all many times according to your messages. I have uninstalled Quicken and reinstalled it. My investment accounts will not show up.
  • spratleywa
    spratleywa Member ✭✭
    Ditto. Provided guidance does not resolve the problem.
  • spratleywa
    spratleywa Member ✭✭
    edited April 26
    My investment accounts show, but those with only holdings (ETFs) show a $0.00 balance and those with a cash balance (no sweep account) show the cash balance amount. So, investment holdings stocks, ETFs, mutual funds within the investment accounts are not being synchronized to Quicken.com, no matter how many times I delete data sets, reset, or resync, etc.