Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Unable to import a .qfx

This discussion was created from comments split from: Unable to download transactions for TD Bank.

Comments

• sagarwal
    sagarwal Member ✭✭
    I am having the same issue downloading .qfx file and importing into quicken for windows 2020 R31.20 27.1.31.20
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @sagarwal

Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your experience and feedback with the Community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

We'll need a bit more information to be able to assist.

Please take a moment to review the information available here and post back to let us know what version and release of Quicken you are using as well as the name of the financial institution.

Do you receive any error codes or messages?

The more information you can provide regarding this issue will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • sagarwal
    sagarwal Member ✭✭
    Quicken deluxe
    Year 2020
    Version R31.20
    Build 27.1.31.20

TD Bank retail
    Samsung Financing

I downloaded the .qfx file and would not import, I also sent the log files and have not heard from support.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Moderator mod
    Hello @sagarwal

Thanks for letting us know more. Do you by chance have a ticket number of when you got in contact with support? Another thing also I'm not sure if you've attempted just yet but do you have the same issue importing the file into a test file? If you haven't tried I'd like to see if that's the case. I'll leave steps down below and you can find it on the third step on the article.

https://www.quicken.com/support/advanced-data-file-troubleshooting-correct-problems-quicken-windows

Once you get the chance let us know what you're able to find out. From there we'll see what we able to find next.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• sagarwal
    sagarwal Member ✭✭
    I cannot reach support, they do not provide a ticket, just an upload of various log files and no follow-ups. there is no phone number to call them the Phone link URL is broken and I am on a subscription plan, can you imagine
  • sagarwal
    sagarwal Member ✭✭
    I actually did validate the XML that is downloaded and it seems the file is not a valid XML file with end tags missing. No wonder Quicken cannot load it.