Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Download transaction issues-missing downloads/mismatched posting dates/bad categories

RobP
RobP Member
I'm having several issues with Quicken for Windows and downloading transactions from my credit unions, credit cards, etc...

1) Transactions not downloaded - I find myself having to enter in several transactions a month that fail to download even though I can see them online at the credit union/credit card/etc. For example, my net pay for 2/15/2021 didn't download, so I had to manually enter it.

2) Mismatched posting dates - For the transaction listed above - I am trying to reconcile my checking account for February 2021 and one of my deposits (my paycheck for 2/15/2021) is missing from the reconcile window even though I can see it in the register. I finally remembered I was having this issue years ago back before Quicken was gotten rid of by Intuit and added the posting date column to the register. The posting date is 3/1/2021 even though it's for the 2/15/2021 pay date. I did get paid on the 28th and that one is in the register with no posting date

3) For some reason, and this has been happening for years on both the Windows and the Mac version, downloaded transactions get assigned random categories or even transfer categories. For example, I have part of my paycheck deposited into a checking account and then a day or two later automatic transfers put parts of that deposit into various savings accounts. Occasionally when Quicken downloads these transactions, it puts in one of the accounts that money was transferred into in the category column, so it looks like i transferred money out of that savings account to another savings account when it came out of my checking account. Other times it just assigns random categories (for example Gas & Fuel even though it's a purchase at my grocery store which I've made many times before).

So besides the obvious - why are some transactions not downloaded my other question is How do I correct the posted date that's been assigned to the wrong item without deleting it and reentering it?

And who do I direct my issue with the fiasco that is categories to? I had a Mac for a while and that was much worse than Windows and still is (my spouse uses a Mac still and is constantly fighting it).

Thanks

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @RobP

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to provide your feedback and share your issues, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

1) Does this happen with every single account or just a specific one. If a specific account, please check the connection method. To do so, choose the Tools menu in the upper left then select Account List. Click Edit next to your account, then choose the Online Services tab at the top to see the connection method.

If you are using Express Web Connect it is possible that this issue may be able to be escalated by support.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support.

2) There is an Idea available here to use the posting date for matching transactions. There was a known issue regarding matching recently, if you have not done so already, I would make sure you are up to date.

https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product

3) It sounds as though you a reporting that your transactions are being overwritten or changed. Can you please confirm if you sync to the mobile or web application? To do so, please navigate to Edit > Preferences > Mobile & Web, is this toggled ON or OFF. If on, can you please disable sync to see if the improves the behavior?

Please let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • jeosteen
    jeosteen Windows Beta Beta
    I am having the same issue, and it is random as to which accounts:  credit card , checking or investment account.   And it only misses a few transactions in each month and does not always happen.   Began happening early in 2021.
  • RobP
    RobP Member
    Here's the response to the questions asked:

Hi - Sorry for not responding sooner - I was unable to get to my computer for a period of time due to personal reasons.

To answer your questions:

1) it doesn't affect any one account in particular, but seems to be random and affects any one of my accounts. Sometimes it's only 1 transaction, other times it's multiple. For example, I'm paid the 15th and 30th of the month. One of my checking accounts receives a direct deposit from my paycheck and then it transfers money to other accounts (capital one 360 or capital one, whatever they're going by these days - the old ING bank). None of the transfers for the 15th of March are showing in my checking account with capital one, but if i check the individual accounts they have the transfer but for some reason have some other category (for example, they're all being categorized as Bills & Utilities:Credit Card Payment). There doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason to it.

The connections are all express web connect.

2) I'm on the latest and greatest Quicken R 32.10. Not sure when that was released but that's where I'm at.

3) I'm only downloading transactions to my windows computer for Quicken. My mobile & web sync is set to Off. I have not enabled quicken mobile.

Thanks!

Rob