Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Bills, Income & Transfers page crashes

Bills, Income & Transfers page crashes. It kicks you complexly out. So it has happened on all releases I'm currently on 2020 R31.20 Build: 27.1.31.2.

A crash window will appear to send log information and I do this most of the time. Provide contact information and have never once heard back.

I am now trying this avenue. There has to be something fundamentally wrong or something corrupt with my billing data that no amount of validate and repairs has fixed.

Also this has occurred through multiple computers.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @vsfamily,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Since you have already tried to validate the file with no resolution, may I ask if you have tried to copy the file first and then tried validating in the copied file?

If you haven't already, I suggest you try this as creating a copy of your data file first will rebuild all of the internal lists and database tables. Then, try to Validate your data file in the copied file by following the steps below. However, I do recommend that you also Save a backup of your data file first before trying these steps (just in case).
    1. Navigate to the File menu
    2. Select File Operations
    3. Copy...
    4. Leave the presets as is and click OK
    5. Wait for the copy procedure to complete
    6. Select New Copy and click OK                                                                              
    7. Once the newly copied file opens, navigate back to the File menu
    8. Select File Operations
    9. Validate and Repair...
    10. Select Validate file
    11. Click OK
    12. Close the Data Log
    13. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    14. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    You can also try to Super validate the copied file by holding down the Ctrl + Shift keys on your keyboard while selecting Validate and Repair... (step 9) which will give you the option to Super validate file instead of Validate file.

If this does not resolve the issue, you can either switch back to your original file or restore the backup you saved prior to performing the above troubleshooting instructions (both the original and backup files should remain unaffected by the steps performed in the copied file).

Follow the steps below to switch back to your original file
    :
    1. Click the File menu.
    2. Look near the bottom of the options list.
    3. Select the data file you want to open. 

Quicken will list the most recently opened data files, with a checkmark next to the file you are currently viewing.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
  • vsfamily
    vsfamily Member ✭✭
    File Operations Copy fails.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    vsfamily said:
    File Operations Copy fails.

If Quicken reports an error creating the Copy file and you are using Q 2019+ repeat the Copy process, but this time press and hold SHIFT and CTRL while you click File / File Operations / Copy. When prompted "Ignore errors that prevent file copy?" click "Yes".  Note: This may cause some data loss.
  • vsfamily
    vsfamily Member ✭✭
    I was able to create the Copy using SHIFT + CNTL. Completed validation, shutdown quicken for a bit and then restarted. Was working around in the Bills page, I thought maybe this was resolved but then I decided to move around and check out different views. When i got to the calendar view it crashed again.
  • Quicken Anja
    @vsfamily Thanks for the update and additional information.

When the program crashed again, did you receive a BugSplat or Crash Report screen? And if so, did you click "Send Report to Quicken"? 

Please, check back and let us know! Thank you.
    -Quicken Anja
  • vsfamily
    vsfamily Member ✭✭
    I did send the report to quicken. I've probably sent this type of report to Quicken +20 times.
  • Quicken Anja
    @vsfamily Thank you for sending the report, though I apologize for the delay in my response.

We are reviewing the submitted crash report and based on some of the data in the report, we would just like to verify a few things if you don't mind.

Could you please provide which operating system you have currently running (i.e.: Windows 10, Windows 8, etc)? Also, have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program at any point in between the crashes you experienced?

Please, check back and let us know! Thank you.
    -Quicken Anja
  • vsfamily
    vsfamily Member ✭✭
    Windows 10. I have tried uninstalling reinstalling. This has been happening for a long time. I have since had 3 different PC's all of which exabit the same issue.