Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Anyone else experiencing "Quicken online service is unavailable at this time. Try again in 10 minute

I've been getting this error for 2 days.

Best Answer

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Moderator mod
    Accepted Answer

Hello @mrau

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. It sounds like it thinks you may not be signed in so we may just need to sign out and back in so we're able to get  connectivity. I'll leave steps below on how to do so.

1. Go to Edit
    2. Preferences
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password (this screen is not a pop-up box)
    Once you get a chance to try this let us know if you're able to sync afterwards. If not we'll see what we can find out next.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Accepted Answer

Hello @mrau

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. It sounds like it thinks you may not be signed in so we may just need to sign out and back in so we're able to get  connectivity. I'll leave steps below on how to do so.

1. Go to Edit
    2. Preferences
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password (this screen is not a pop-up box)
    Once you get a chance to try this let us know if you're able to sync afterwards. If not we'll see what we can find out next.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• shafted
    shafted Member ✭✭
    In Step 4. Where does one get a different user ID or a different Quicken ID?
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    shafted said:
    In Step 4. Where does one get a different user ID or a different Quicken ID?
    You don't. Just sign back in with the same ID.
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.
  • shafted
    shafted Member ✭✭
    Quicken won't allow one to sign back in with a different ID.
  • shafted
    shafted Member ✭✭
    Here's what I get when I try to set up another Quicken ID and Password...
    See attached.
  • Quicken Francisco

Hello @shafted

Thanks for the update. I believe in your case it would be best contacting Quicken Support  via chat or phone so that we're able to take a look at what exactly isn't letting you sign back in to your account. I'll leave our hours down below so you can find a time that works best for you.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

Quicken Phone Support Current Hours of Operation:

Monday through Friday

5:00 am to 5:00 pm PDT

Quicken Chat Support Current Hours of Operation:

Monday through Sunday

5:00 am to 5:00 pm PDT

• shafted
    shafted Member ✭✭
    I had to uninstall and delete Quicken Program folder then reinstall Quicken to get it working. I don't understand why ID's and Passwords go missing from Quicken servers periodically for no apparent reason(s).
  • Earlallen10
    Earlallen10 Member
    Hello, I am getting the same error - "Quicken online service is unavailable at this time. Please wait at least 10 minutes, then try again". What is the fix for this?
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello, I am getting the same error - "Quicken online service is unavailable at this time. Please wait at least 10 minutes, then try again". What is the fix for this?

Have you followed @Quicken Francisco 's recommendation about "sign on as a different user"?

Check if Windows Defender feature Ransomware protection is enabled.
    If so, configure it to add Quicken as an "allowed app" without turning off Ransomware protection. Perform the last step in:
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7857675/faq-windows-defender-controlled-folder-access

Have you recently enabled a VPN? If so, this might be the problem. Try turning the VPN off and see if that helps.

Is there a corporate or otherwise external firewall getting in the way? Contact the IT people maintaining the firewall and ask for permission. Quicken needs to be able to establish outbound internet connections for the program to work.