Downloads are incorrect. Is this fixable? (Q Mac)

Jorge on chat support said I could clear the accounts and reload, that they'd be correct. Now I've lost my history and the current downloads are still incorrect.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @ready to chuck it,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Could you please provide which version of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Quicken > About Quicken
    Also, were you by chance given a ticket number for your interaction with support that you could provide us with here, please? If you don't mind, I'd like to pull the interaction for further review.

As for the loss of data history and issue you are experiencing; do you have a recent backup you can restore? To start with, I suggest restoring a backup file to restore the data history you lost and to see if the same issue occurs in the restored file. If needed, please review this support article for instructions. Scroll down until you see Quicken for Mac and open the blue dropdown section(s) titled Restore Quicken data and/or Restore an automatic backup.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Thank you for responding. It is version 6.1.1.
    I now have a bunch of reports in my history and a batch of duplicate accounts that are incorrect.
    I clicked sync for an account that has a few hundred $ in it and it says there is more than $13k. There are strange transactions grouped together that didn't happen. It reports some activity in this account from another account. It did not fully update. It is unreliable, confusing and frustrating. I don't see duplicate transactions.

I clicked sync for another account and it gives me a window for payments to send. It shows no data before 11/3/20 though the account has been open for years.

Another account, similarly, Starts, again erroneously, on 10.19.20
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Thanks for the update and for the additional information.

May I ask what the backup you used to restore was dated? Also, was this a backup that was saved before or after the last most recent update release?

Please, check back and let us know! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• It was a January backup, saved before the last update.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @ready to chuck it

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

Being that the issue you are experiencing can have multiple causes-- It may be best for you to contact Quicken Support instead as you may need extensive troubleshooting done in order to have this successfully resolved. They also have the ability to screen share with you (if you feel comfortable doing so) and will be better equipped to help you accomplish and set up what you need. 

Click here to review Quicken Support's hours of operation.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

• Francisco, indeed I've reached out to support. You can tell how effective that was...
This discussion has been closed.