Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Community Profile Email change is not taking

leishirsute
leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
I changed my Community email address in my profile from [Removed - Email] to [Removed - Email]

The new address is not displaying on my profile and the email verification is not coming when doing the address change.
However, every time I log into Quicken community, I get a verification email to [Removed - Email].

I'm very confused.  Why doesn't the Quicken profile email address match the email address being sent to me for the logins?

Can someone please make my profile address match [Removed - Email]?

Also, since I experimented with changing the email address, I am now locked out of Edit my profile.
Can that be unlocked, please?

I get the following email every time I try to log into the community.  When I enter the code, I can successfully log in.
"
Subject: Your Quicken Account
Date: Sun, 07 Mar 2021 13:54:48 +0000 (UTC)
To:
Quicken User <[Removed - Email]>

Support   |   My Account

Verify Your Quicken Account

You requested Quicken to send a verification code.
Use this code to verify your account and sign in.

Confirmation Code:  [Removed - Code]

If you did not request this, please contact support.

Thank you,
The Quicken Team"

After logging in, the community show this popup message in the bottom left corner:
"'You need to confirm your email address. Click here to resend the confirmation email."

Can someone please my current profile email address,
[Removed - Email], and re-enable ability to Edit my profile.

This is confusing.
Quicken Deluxe Subscription; Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @leishirsute,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

I took the liberty of checking the email your profile is currently registered under and found that it is the email you are requesting it to be under. May I ask if that email is also the same email you use for your Quicken ID (aka the email linked to your subscription)? The reason I ask is that we have made recent changes to the Community logins that now require you to log in on the Community using your Quicken ID and password.

Also, please note that I have removed the emails from your original post, and we respectfully ask that you do not publicly post any email addresses and//or other sensitive information in order to protect your privacy and security.

Thank you!
    -Quicken Anja
  • leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 7
    I used to be able to select the image function and it would allow to browse and select an image to upload.  Now it only asks for an image URL.  HOw can I upload a screenshot to a message?

Please advise

• leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 7
    I was able to successfully insert a screenshot with Firefox but not with Chrome browser by drag and drop of the file.
    Example:
  • leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    Oops, Guess it didn't work.
    So the question still remains how to insert a screenshot into a Community message.
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 7
    You have to post "X" number of times before the option to include a picture in a post is available to you.  I don't know what that number is, but it's probably less than 10.
    At some point the little icon for image posting will show up among the formatting options.

• leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 7
    Yes.  The email address is now showing in the profile.  So the email address change took to a certain point. However, I keep getting the message "You need to confirm your email address. Click here to resend the confirmation email." as a popup after logging in.  My Quicken community email address is not the same as the Quicken ID.  That is a bad security practice to make them both the same as the Quicken ID is tied to important financial information where as the Community ID is not. 
    I prefer to have a different email address for the community.  So if you cannot fix this, just leave it alone and I will continue with this email address or go back to the old one which requests a validation at every login. However, I do not want to link a community email to a secure email address that is connected to my vital information.

Also, I don't get email notification of responses to my messages.
  • leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 7
    The image posting icon shows up, it just doesn't provide for uploading a picture anymore.  It just asks for an Image URL in a popup box as the only option.

Any suggestions?
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    I flagged this for attention to the moderators to look into it.  You have been around long enough to have picture posting privs.

-splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @leishirsute

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue. Recently, the Community moved to a single sign-on.

I see that there is a message on your Community account that the email has not been verified. Upon signing into the Quicken Community you should have received this email:

Can you please check your email and junk folder for this email to verify the account?

Please let me how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 7
    My Quicken account email address matches my Community profile email address.
    However, I am not receiving any notifications of responses to community messages nor can I edit my community profile.
    I never receive an email from the "You need to confirm your email address. Click here to resend the confirmation email." message.  Even though I have previously validated that email address with my account login.
    I have never received the email that @Quicken_Tyka has displayed.
    I have requested a resend several times and have never received the email.

Please fix it so I can edit my community profile.
    Do I need to call support?

After Quicken account login:

Welcome to your Account, Mike.

My validation email came to my INBOX at the correct email address:
    Subject: Your Quicken Account
    Date: Sun, 07 Mar 2021 15:11:53 +0000 (UTC)
    To:
    Quicken User <[Removed - Email]>

Support   |   My Account

Verify Your Quicken Account

You requested Quicken to send a verification code.
    Use this code to verify your account and sign in.

Confirmation Code:  [Removed - Code]

If you did not request this, please contact support.

Thank you,
    The Quicken Team

• Quicken_Tyka
    Hello @leishirsute

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue.

I have sent you a direct message requesting some more information.

Please navigate to the inbox in the top right-hand corner of the Community page and check your inbox.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure why these 2 different topics were merged.
    One was about community profile problems and the other was about loading images into a community message.
    Now it is confusing to follow both threads.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Hello @leishirsute

Thank you for the response. This issue will need to be addressed by a moderator. I believe these two issues coincide. I believe you are unable to share images because the account has not been verified.

I have merged these together so I and other moderators can see the full history of the issue to better understand and assist you. 

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure why these 2 different topics were merged.
    One was about community profile problems and the other was about loading images into a community message.
    Now it is confusing to follow both threads.
    Hi @leishirsute ,

See:  https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7884523/quicken-community-is-moving-to-single-sign-on-what-you-need-to-know#latest

It says you need a Quicken User Account. It doesn't state that you need to use the same Quicken User ID, where you have your Subscription at.

You don't wish to use your Quicken ID Email Address and its password, here, is fine.
    Don't. However, according to the new Login, you need to have a Quicken Account, where you can verify your Email Address.

So go to: https://www.quicken.com/
    Hover the mouse over SIGN IN and click SIGN IN under My Account.
    On the next page, click CREATE ACCOUNT.
    Enter the Email Address that you are using here as well as the password.

Once you are signed in, see if it asks you to verify your Email Address. You will need to pick how to receive your Security Codes. I have them coming to my Email Address, so I can Copy and paste them.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R32.12  USA & Quicken 2017 HBRP R20.6 USA
                       Windows 10 Pro 32 & 64-Bit Build 21359.1
    also            Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19042.928

Note: Holding Down the Left Shift Key or Left Ctrl Key produces Window with Quicken 2019 in the Title Bar when click About Quicken,

View: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7859218/work-with-copies-of-your-actual-quicken-data-files/p1?new=1

• leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 7
    @thecreator Thanks.  Quicken support worked with me and determined that the community profile address could not be changed, which is strange since Edit profile allows for a change.  But once the change is made, notifications and Edit profile no longer worked.  They had to change the email address back to the old one for those features to work again.  And yet, the new email address matches my Quicken account email address.  SO I log into the community with my quicken id email addresses but notifications are sent to the email address in the community profile which is the old email address, not the Quicken account email address.
This discussion has been closed.