Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Unable to Download Transactions from Bank of America

Comments

• Jay
    Jay Member ✭✭
    My one step update also fails for Bank of America. In February 2021, something changed in the one step update script and all my credit card downloads were broken. BoA is the worst - now only manual downloads work.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Jay,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Could you please provide which version of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Help > About Quicken

Also, which connection method do you normally use to download transactions (Express Web Connect or Direct Connect)? And do you receive any specific error code(s) and/or message(s) when trying to connect?

Please, check back and let us know! Thank you.
    -Quicken Anja
  • dvmrelief
    dvmrelief Member
    I am having a similar issue with B of A not downloading. I am using Quicken Home Business & Rental Property by subscription. Version 31.20, build 27.1.31.20.

I followed the steps in a previous thread.

1. Switched channels - went from QCS, updated,  to FDS, updated,  then back to QCS, updated - no change.
    2. Quicken won't let me reset account since it believes there are downloaded transactions that need to be accepted, but there are none listed.
    3. I have hit continue on Accept payments a million times, but it still says "continue", not "done".
    4. I have updated my other BofA accounts - they appear to be working.
    5. When I download the qfx file and ask it to "run now", nothing happens.
     What is the next step?
  • normanvv
    normanvv Windows Beta Beta
    As of last week my ability to connect online with Bank of America and Mastercard have resulted in Quicken crashing.   I remove BOA from the online sync and other accounts work.   Very Frustrating
  • mmyersfl
    mmyersfl Member
    I have been unable to download updates from numerous Bank of America accounts. I have to go in and renter account numbers and routing numbers on all accounts. It can show up as being succesful yet no data is downloaded. The next time I open Quicken this same problem appears and all of the account and bank routing ID has disappeared. This has been happening for over 1 week now. Why?
  • Quicken Anja
    Hello All,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, to start with, I suggest you try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in. Please, follow the steps below in order to do so.
    1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password
    Once that is done, see if the issue still continues to persist.

Let us know how it goes!
    -Quicken Anja
  • After spending hours on the phone with Quicken Support over four sessions, the last Quicken Support rep told me this is a recognized issue with B of A. Developers from Quicken and B of A are working together to solve it. I don't see any mention of this here. Is it true?
  • Hoberg
    Hoberg Member
    I have had issues with the update for BoA the past two days. I have deactivated/activated One Step Update for BoA (several times); signed out and back in to the data file; closed Quicken and logged back in and finally have the Quicken register matching BoA. But, the Online Balance (at the bottom of the register) does not match the balances.
  • Hoberg
    Hoberg Member
    So, today One Step Update for BoA is working correctly. All balances are matching including the Online Balance and the bottom of the Quicken Register.
  • Jay
    Jay Member ✭✭
    edited March 11
    Finally today (3/11/21) Quicken Support was able to resolve our problem. Support forced a download of Build 27.1.31.20. Then we disconnected all credit card download connections and were able to reconnect them. Express Web Connect was recommended and used. (BoA would not successfully connect to my prior installed version.) One Step is operating for me again. Thank you Quicken Support.
  • Quicken Anja
    @Hoberg & @Jay Thanks for the update!

I'm glad to hear all is working as expected for you both now. :)
    -Quicken Anja
  • JHK
    JHK Member ✭✭
    I went through the process outlined by Quicken Anja. I was then able to establish a connection by activating Bank of America. Thanks
  • Quicken Anja
    @JHK Thanks for the update! Glad to hear that worked for you. :)
    -Quicken Anja
  • Hoberg
    Hoberg Member
    BoA didn't update yesterday but did today. Patience is the word of the day. Thanks Quicken for being on top of this issue and letting users know what's going on.