Why won't Windows desktop Quicken sync to mobile app?

johnyoder
johnyoder Member ✭✭
edited March 8 in Using the Mobile App
When I go to Quicken Mobile & Web on the desktop, I have four accounts that sync and 49 that are eligible to sync but do not. Actually, no accounts show up in the mobile app. [Removed-Rant/Unhelpful]

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @johnyoder

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

If you have not done so already I would recommend taking a moment to review the steps and information available here.

If the trouble persists or you have completed these steps, please sign out and sign back into the desktop version.
    1. Go to Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    2. Click sign in as a different user
    3. Type "yes" to sign out
    4. After you sign out, sign back in with the same Quicken ID

You will then want to sign out and sign back into the mobile app to see if you are now able to see your accounts.

Please let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • johnyoder
    johnyoder Member ✭✭
    Your suggestion did not work. I now have 23 accounts the desktop says are enabled, but I see none on the mobile app. The desktop also says there are 30 eligible accounts not yet synced.
  • johnyoder
    johnyoder Member ✭✭
    Correction. I now see bank account, property, net worth and recent transactions. However, there are no investment accounts listed and there is no detail with any of the accounts, i.e., no transactions.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @johnyoder

Thanks for the update. In this case I believe the next thing that we should try is to delete and remake the cloud dataset. This ideally should give us a fresh file to work with that will update your transactions into it. I'll leave steps down below.

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-edit-or-delete-your-cloud-datasets-quicken-windows

Once you've had a chance to try let us know how it goes! If we're still having issues we'll see what we can try next,

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

• johnyoder
    johnyoder Member ✭✭
    Under Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts, I don't get an option to delete the database, just "Edit dataset name." I can Reset Your cloud data under "Mobile & Web." I've done that several times.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    @johnyoder

Thanks for the update. In order to delete the dataset you'll need to have a different file open. If you don't have one you'll want to create one by going file > new so that we're able to get the dataset deleted. Once you've done so let us know if we're able to get mobile working better.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • djohn1187
    djohn1187 Member ✭✭
    My issue is similar in that I see my accounts but none of the securities are updating. It's only showing the cash balances. I've reset the cloud data but that didn't work. It was updating fine last night.
  • djohn1187
    djohn1187 Member ✭✭
    As a follow up, when I update the historical prices in my portfolio on Quicken for Windows it is successful, but no securities are showing on the App.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 13
    Hello @djohn1187

Thank you for the response and the additional details. If you have not done so already, I would check the following two details.

Are you using the same Quicken ID?
    First, verify that you are signed into the correct Quicken ID. The Quicken ID you sign into on the Mobile App needs to be the same one you use in Quicken on your computer. To verify the Quicken ID in Quicken on your computer, go to Edit > Preferences then Quicken ID, Sync & Alerts. On the Mobile App, sign out (located in Settings) then sign back in using the same Quicken ID you just confirmed you're using on your computer.

Are you viewing the correct data file?
    After signing into the Mobile App, you will be given a list of data files associated with your Quicken ID. Here you can select which data file from Quicken on your computer you want to view on the Mobile App. If you are missing transactions on the Mobile App, make certain you are viewing the same data file you have open on your computer. 

Using a different Quicken ID or viewing a different data file can give the appearance that information is missing from the mobile app.

Please let us know what you find!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • johnyoder
    johnyoder Member ✭✭
    > @"Quicken Francisco" said:
    > @johnyoder
    >
    > Thanks for the update. In order to delete the dataset you'll need to have a different file open. If you don't have one you'll want to create one by going file > new so that we're able to get the dataset deleted. Once you've done so let us know if we're able to get mobile working better.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Quicken Francisco

You should have mentioned that what you suggest requires rebuilding all the accounts in Quicken. I'm not that interested at the moment in rebuilding 19 accounts at various banks, credit card companies, and brokers. There ought to be an easier way to make a mobile app work. Like I said, it was easier on a Palm 20 years ago. I'll try this when I have a free weekend.