Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

One Step update has stopped working

One Step update has stopped working. It "churns" for about a minute and a half then nothing. I end up going into each account and doing an update which works.

Best Answer

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Accepted Answer
    Hello @Stephen Horn

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue. Although, We'll need a bit more information to be able to assist.

If you have not done so already, I would try opening Quicken in "Silent Mode." This will open the Quicken program without opening a data file. 

To open in silent mode, hold down the Ctrl button and double click the Quicken icon on the desktop, continuing holding down Ctrl until Quicken opens to a blank gray screen with only the File & Help menus in the top left corner.

Then navigate to File > New, to open a blank new file. If you are successful in doing so, I would then try to sign out and sign back in.

1. Go to Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    2. Click sign in as a different user
    3. Type "yes" to sign out
    4. After you sign out, sign back in with the same Quicken ID

Please let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~

Answers

• WarrenM
    WarrenM Member
    I am having the same issue, but when I go to update individual accounts I am getting the same error, for each. No error message is generated the update just closes.
  • HW1384
    HW1384 Member
    One step update has not worked for 2 days.
  • Gary Gililland
    Gary Gililland Member ✭✭
    When can we expect this to be fixed?
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Moderator mod

Hello everyone,

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. If we could get some more information on what's happening. Are you getting any specific error codes each time or is there no error code? Has it been 2 days for everyone or is it varying time frames? With more information we'll be able to see what troubleshooting we're able to do. Let me know once you get the chance.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Stephen Horn
    Stephen Horn Member ✭✭
    It churns, flashing the date in the register of whatever account is open, for over 10 minutes. No error messages, eventually Windows pops up with "Quicken Has Stopped Working - Close or Wait?" Trying to update individual accounts results in the same. Only Express Web Connect is not working. Direct Connect works fine.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Accepted Answer
    Hello @Stephen Horn

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue. Although, We'll need a bit more information to be able to assist.

If you have not done so already, I would try opening Quicken in "Silent Mode." This will open the Quicken program without opening a data file. 

To open in silent mode, hold down the Ctrl button and double click the Quicken icon on the desktop, continuing holding down Ctrl until Quicken opens to a blank gray screen with only the File & Help menus in the top left corner.

Then navigate to File > New, to open a blank new file. If you are successful in doing so, I would then try to sign out and sign back in.

1. Go to Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    2. Click sign in as a different user
    3. Type "yes" to sign out
    4. After you sign out, sign back in with the same Quicken ID

Please let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~