Screen Share - Privacy Concerns?

I have used customer support a few times when screen share is requested. I understand and even agree that this is the most efficient way to fix issues. However, I can't help wonder how secure the process is. I am not as concerned with the technology as I am with personnel. I am skeptical and here are my concerns.
1) How much access can the agents get from your file? They can see bank names, amounts, even account and routing numbers (when opening up edit account detail)
2) What protections are in place? Can agents take a quick pic of the screen with a cell phone to take down information to use nefariously later on. Can they secretively download your file?
3) Are these agents vetted? Although background checks don't predict future behavior, what is Quicken doing for the clients protection?
4) Is Quicken following up with past support encounters to speak with clients if any negative activity on their accounts have been hacked or stolen?

Comments

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I think one of the moderators should post answers to your questions, but I will point out that for #1 it is "screen share" it isn't "screen access".  The can't do anything on your machine, they can only view what is on your screen.  Now mind you it would be easy for you to forget what is on your screen say in the background or if you go to the account details they might see the account number and such.  And as for taking a screenshot, of course they could.  It is on their screen and certainly they will have a screenshot program like Windows 10 Snipping tool which is built-in.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    GLKNY said:
    They can see bank names, amounts, even account and routing numbers
    These aren't secret. They are all on every paper check you write.
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    GLKNY said:
    To the best of my knowledge, I am not writing any checks to any Quicken support personnel. 

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    mshiggins said:
    GLKNY said:
    To the best of my knowledge, I am not writing any checks to any Quicken support personnel. 

But are you writing any to your grocery? Or to your cleaning crew? Any other service people?
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
This discussion has been closed.