Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

How do I change the phone number used for 2-step confirmation ?

One of my accounts uses 2-step verification. When I try to Update the account I get a drop down to select a number to send the text message to, but neither of them is my registered Quicken phone number. When do I update THAT phone number ?

Best Answer

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Moderator mod
    Accepted Answer

Hello @Jack63SS

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. MontanaKarls information about changing the phone on the FI's website is accurate. Since it's the FI asking for the authentication that is where we would need to change it. Additionally it does not always update instantly. It can take between 24 - 48 hours so that we're able to select the new number for the Authentication.

Could you let us know if you're able to choose the new number once we're able to give it a bit more time. If it still isn't showing up we can see what we can try next.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

Answers

• MontanaKarl
    MontanaKarl Member, Windows Beta, Mac Beta Beta
    edited March 9
    It isn't (or shouldn't be) your Quicken account/phone number.... it is the phone number associated with your online access to the financial institution.  If the phone number is wrong, log onto that bank/etc in your web browser and check your profile / account security settings.

Quicken Windows and Mac subscription.  Quicken user since 1990.

• Jack63SS
    Jack63SS Member ✭✭
    Not sure I get that as I don't see how you can get the info from my bank without fully logging in. BUT anyway, I had been getting 2 phone numbers as choices but neither gets text, so I deleted one and added my cell phone, but now the only choice I get is an email address, no phone. Any ideas ?
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Moderator mod
    Accepted Answer

Hello @Jack63SS

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. MontanaKarls information about changing the phone on the FI's website is accurate. Since it's the FI asking for the authentication that is where we would need to change it. Additionally it does not always update instantly. It can take between 24 - 48 hours so that we're able to select the new number for the Authentication.

Could you let us know if you're able to choose the new number once we're able to give it a bit more time. If it still isn't showing up we can see what we can try next.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco