What is wrong with Bill Manager and when will it be fixed?

Paying my bills in Quicken used to be an simple (defiantly not frustrating) 5-10 minute process for all my monthly bills. Ever since the conversion to Bill Manager I have 2 bills that I need to pay at the vendors website (Capital One and Comcast). When I called support I was firmly told "It's going to be a few days to a few weeks and you just need to wait!". Guys, that has been at least 4 or 5 months ago and they STILL don't work. This morning I woke up and wanted to pay 2 bills. Now I have another credit card that is STUCK in "Waiting for next bill" mode Synchrony Bank (Amazon) has worked flawlessly through Bill Manager until this morning. I started trying to pay this bill 2 hours ago and have been troubleshooting ever since. I will pay this on the vendor website as well I suppose. I just use Quicken to keep track of accounts and pay bills. I don't use the advanced features. QUICKEN USED TO BE SO SIMPLE. What is the use of paying a Subscription when I can just go to the web portals because Bill Manager continues to fail. This has moved from "Simple and convenient" to "Incredibly Frustrating". I have used Quicken for over 15 years and have never been this disgusted!!!!

Answers

• jeffleasure
    jeffleasure Member
    P.S. I am well versed in "Validating Online Billers" as well as removing and re-adding billers. I am just sick of searching (and I have) online and in the Quicken community for answers to problems that should not exist. Back in the early days of DOS and Novell Netware I used to like challenges like this because I came out on the other end smarter. I use Quicken for convenience and don't want to come out smarter at the end. I just want to pay my bills easily.
  • jeffleasure
    jeffleasure Member
    Seriously folks? Does anyone have any help for me on this. It is unacceptable to have to pay some bills inside quicken and have two or three that you need to log into the vendors website. This is so incredibly inferior the old Bill Pay that worked for EVERY BILL. Please someone, help me remain a Quicken customer.
  • jeffleasure
    jeffleasure Member
    Disregard this please. I decided to cancel my subscription and look for alternatives. Support just confirmed to me that at least one of my bills DOES NOT work with the new Bill Manager (he told me to delete and re add the other two. I've done that time and time again with no results so I'm guessing those don't work either. So, three out of six bills won't work but they all worked with the old Bill Pay system. I don't understand how this is an improvement except possibly (probably) to Quickens bottom line. So long Quicken....
  • I've been asking myself the same question for months. It seems as if Quicken has been treating each of these billing issues as individual events which they troubleshoot, but the same issues recur with another biller or start happening again with a biller whose problems were previously resolved. There seems to be no team dedicated to solving all of these Bill Manager problems in a holistic way once and for all. In addition to commenting here in the quicken community, and working with technical support, I have sent a note to the CEO's Office relaying these concerns and asked that a dedicated team be set up just for the purpose of resolving this systemically once and for all. The response was essentially, "we are working on it", but it didn't give me a lot of confidence that a final solution is going to happen anytime soon.