Update Transaction not working from JP Morgan Chase

When I click on Update Transaction I get the error attached below. I've waited almost 2 hours, and still get this same error message. Can you please help me? Thank you very much!!

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @ToSt,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

Based on the error message you are getting, if you haven't already, I suggest you try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in to refresh the registration token for your Online Connected Services. Please, follow the steps below in order to do so.
    1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password
    Once that is done, see if the issue still continues to persist.

Let us know how it goes!
    -Quicken Anja
  • ToSt
    ToSt Member
    Thanks. I tried to open Quicken. It opened to a big white screen blocking my data. It had me log in, then the only options were to install Quicken or install it using a different code. I had this problem last week. It was Windows Defender blocking Quicken. Can I report that as a glitch in the latest Quicken update? I never had it before the update.
  • ToSt
    ToSt Member
    Where is Quicken stored? I found out I can add it to the Defender's app list as an exception. Thank you very much!!
  • Quicken Anja
    @ToSt Thank you for the additional information. 

To report the issue you described, please navigate to Help > Report a problem.

As for where Quicken is stored, are you referring to the application itself along with its configuration files, or your data files?

Please, check back and let me know! Thank you.
    -Quicken Anja
  • ToSt
    ToSt Member
    I tried to send a report. It says Unable to send to Quicken. It must be blocked by the Microsoft Defender too.

The application itself so I can opt it out of the Defender list of apps. Thank you!
  • Quicken Anja
    edited March 13
    The application is located in the following pathway in Windows File Explorer:
    C: Drive > Program Files (x86) > Quicken > qw (this is the application)

I hope this helps!
    -Quicken Anja
  • ToSt
    ToSt Member
    That's the one I chose for Microsoft Defender to allow through the Firewall at Microsoft Support's idea. It still blocks me from getting into Quicken. I guess I'll have to temporarily disable it to work on my checkbook and then enable it when finished. I can report it when I am un-blocked, but I won't be able to send a print screen of the problem. If you have any other ideas, would you please let me know?
    Thank you for your extra help!!
    - ToSt
  • Quicken Anja
    Thank you for the update and additional information.

In that case, one thing I ssuggest you try, if you haven't already, is to perform a clean uninstall/reinstall (this is different from simply uninstalling and reinstalling the program) which will clear out and replace the existing configuration files for Quicken (this does not affect any of your data and/or backup files).

To do so, please refer to this support article and scroll down to the section titled If the steps above do not resolve the issue. Then, open and follow the instructions found in the blue dropdown sections titled First: Download and use QCleanUI and Second: Rename Quicken Shared Folders.

Let us know how it goes!
    -Quicken Anja
  • ToSt
    ToSt Member
    I did the QCleanUI and then the install. No difference.

If I understand the second attempt, I don't have any shared folders because I am the only person on the computer. Is that what they were referring to in that article? If not, then I don't feel comfortable doing it without having Quicken Support on the phone. It said there could be confusion.

Thanks for your help!