Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Syncing Quicken and Quicken Cloud hangs on Watchlist

This has been occurring for over a year. Have to hit CTRL -ALT-Delete to restart qQuicken. Hangs forever. Have tried resetting iCloud data. Any ideas?

Best Answer

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    How many Securities do you have in your Tools / Securities List?
    Of those, how many have "Watch List" checked?
    Do you really need to track all these Watch List entries or can you remove a few from the Watch List? This would improve performance.
    You had to kill Quicken while updating the Price History file. This needs to be repaired. Please perform Step (2) of Troubleshooting 101 - Fixing Software Installation and Data File Problems paying special attention to the options regarding fixing the price history.

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @Dt1972

Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your experience and feedback with the Community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

We'll need a bit more information to be able to assist.

Please take a moment to review the information available here and post back to let us know what version and release of Quicken you are using.

Do you use a VPN or have any 3rd party antivirus running?

I would also check for a firewall or anything that could possibly be blocking a connection. At any point do you see a bug splat or crash report?

The more information you can provide regarding this issue will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    How many Securities do you have in your Tools / Securities List?
    Of those, how many have "Watch List" checked?
    Do you really need to track all these Watch List entries or can you remove a few from the Watch List? This would improve performance.
    You had to kill Quicken while updating the Price History file. This needs to be repaired. Please perform Step (2) of Troubleshooting 101 - Fixing Software Installation and Data File Problems paying special attention to the options regarding fixing the price history.

• Dt1972
    Dt1972 Member
    UKR,
    Thanks for the info. I tried everything. Now it is stuck on scheduled transactions.
  • Dt1972
    Dt1972 Member
    Tyka,
    I have contacted quicken and their solution was start a new file without all my transactions. That doesn’t help me. It would sync but I didn’t have my transactions.
  • Dt1972
    Dt1972 Member
    Now it is stuck on transactions
  • Dt1972
    Dt1972 Member
    I logged out and then logged back in. The sync when successful. I immediately tried again and it hangs up on processing data.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Moderator mod
    Hello @Dt1972

Thanks for the update and letting us know more. I'm wondering here if we might be able to fix the issue by deleting the dataset and remaking it. Note to do this you'll need to be in a different file from your main one in order to do this. I'll leave an article down below explaining how to do so. 

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-edit-or-delete-your-cloud-datasets-quicken-windows

Once you've had the chance to try this let us know how you're able to get the sync working properly. Let us know once you get the chance to try.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • Dt1972
    Dt1972 Member
    Francisco,

Thanks for the information. I did what you suggested. The first sync worked but the 2nd sync hung up on Category Groups.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @Dt1972

Thank you for the response and let us know the results of removing the dataset, although I apologize that this trouble continues to persist.

If you have not done so already, I would next try to Super Validate the file. File menu > File Operations > (HOLD CTRL + SHIFT)  Validate & Repair > Super Validate file > OK

When the validation completes, a data log will open in Notepad, please let us know if any errors or issues are found/repaired, and when ready close and re-open Quicken.

Please let us know what you find!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Dt1972
    Dt1972 Member
    Tyka,

QDF:
    No errors

QEL:
    No read errors

QEL:
    All internal consistency checks passed.

There are the following:

"Quicken has found 1 stock split(s) for account "XXXX", security "XXXX", on XX/XX/XXXX that might be missing.