Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Foreign exchange transaction report for tax reporting realized foreign exchange gains/losses for CRA

questionsforever
questionsforever Member ✭✭
Hi, I often transfer foreign exchange positions within investment accounts in quicken between CAD and USD accounts. When I enter these 'trades', quicken asks me for an exchange rate and then shows the transaction in both cad/usd investment cash account registers. How can I get a report, in Canadian dollars, of the source and disposition amounts of each of these transfers, or is there any other way to calculate the foreign exchange gain/loss when closing a foreign currency position (i.e. selling foreign currency and buying cad). I imagine you would need to know the foreign currency cost basis but since all the transfers are in the quicken ledger, Quicken should have this information.
Tagged:
0 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @questionsforever,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and post your Idea request.

Ideas are reviewed by our Development and Product teams to see what features people would like to have available in the future. This way other users who have the same or a similar request can vote on your idea by clicking the up arrow (see below).

Please, be sure to add your own vote as well.

-Quicken Anja
  • questionsforever
    questionsforever Member ✭✭
    how do I vote?
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    how do I vote?
    By clicking the up arrow located directly below and pointing towards the number (see below).

-Quicken Anja