REPORTING ERROR - VENMO TRANSACTIONS DUPLICATING ITSELF

I have noticed that transactions from Venmo, through one of my big-bank checking accounts have duplicated hundreds of times in my quicken register. To be clear, my bank shows a dozen venmo transactions... but quicken shows almost 600.
Then, to make matters worse, some venmo duplicated transactions showed up on an account for which there should be zero venmo transactions.
Any explanation? Level 2 service seemed baffled by it.

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @althuesen,

I cannot say that I've ever heard of that many duplicate transactions being downloaded.  How many venmo transactions do you have in a given month?

By "Level 2 service" I assume that you are referring to Quicken Support.  If they did not have you do this, or if you haven't done it yourself, I would suggest that you validate and then supervalidate your Quicken data file - here are the instructions LINK.

Let us know how that goes.

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription Ver. 34.24 - Windows 10-Home Ver. 2004
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @althuesen,

I cannot say that I've ever heard of that many duplicate transactions being downloaded.  How many venmo transactions do you have in a given month?

By "Level 2 service" I assume that you are referring to Quicken Support.  If they did not have you do this, or if you haven't done it yourself, I would suggest that you validate and then supervalidate your Quicken data file - here are the instructions LINK.

Let us know how that goes.

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription Ver. 34.24 - Windows 10-Home Ver. 2004
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you have a bill reminder for the venmo transaction?

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    althuesen said:
    Then, to make matters worse, some venmo duplicated transactions showed up on an account for which there should be zero venmo transactions.

My wild guess about this part of it would be "automatic transfer detection".
    Make sure that you have at least this preference on:
    Edit -> Preferences -> Transfer detection -> Confirm possible....
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/