Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Share Balance Incorrect

In the investment register my first purchase of a mutual fund shows 58.396 shares. In the security detail view it shows 58.514 which is correct and matches my broker. If I validate and repair - quicken ignores it. If I remove the transaction and re-enter it. The same data displays. The share balances total correctly and all other transaction match - but this one is always off. Any ideas?

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suspect there is a hidden placeholder transaction in the investment register.  I suggest you check the Show hidden transactions preference and review the register: select Edit > Preferences...

• Xylo133
    Xylo133 Member
    Excellent suggestion, but no. That box is checked and there are no placeholders in the account. Would It help if I added that this is Fidelity Net Benefits
  • Xylo133
    Xylo133 Member
    I figured it out. Geeze do I feel stupid. It's a 401(k) and my company has us pay fees which results in selling fractional shares every quarter. My fractional share different is the amount of those sales.
This discussion has been closed.